Greenville Alternative Teacher Education (GATE) Program
GATE Program Application Process
- Complete and submit the GATE Online Application.
WAIT to receive a GATE Letter of Evaluation from Greenville County Schools. This letter will notify you of initial eligibility
- Take and pass the PRAXIS specialty area content exam. Request to have a score report sent to the South Carolina Department of Education (code R8108) and GATE (code RA5248). Upload a screenshot of your PRAXIS exam registration page and score report to the GCS online application.
- Complete a district interview and writing sample.
WAIT to receive a GATE Statement of Eligibility from Greenville County Schools. This letter will notify you of eligibility for the GATE Program.
- Register and submit the South Carolina Department of Education (SCDE) application for educator certification. Complete all SCDE requirements (fees, fingerprint process, official transcripts, etc.).
- Apply for open positions posted on the GCSD Jobs Listing Page.
- Interview with school principals.
Wait to receive a GATE Teacher employment offer.
- Receive access to Orientation to Education course.
- Provide required agreements, forms, and new hire documents.
Welcome to Greenville County Schools and the GATE Program!