Greenville Alternative Teacher Education (GATE) Program
GATE Pools for the 2023-2024 school year are now CLOSED. GATE Pools for the 2024-2025 school year will open in October.
GATE Program Application Process
- Complete and submit the GATE Online Application.
WAIT to receive a GATE Letter of Evaluation from Greenville County Schools. This letter will notify you of initial eligibility
- Take and pass the PRAXIS specialty area content exam. Request to have a score report sent to the South Carolina Department of Education (code R8108) and GATE (code RA5248). Upload a screenshot of your PRAXIS exam registration page and score report to the GCS online application.
- Complete a district interview and writing sample. Information to complete this step will be sent via email once you have received your GATE Letter of Evaluation from step 1.
WAIT to receive a GATE Statement of Eligibility from Greenville County Schools. This letter will notify you of eligibility for the GATE Program. Do not apply for open teaching positions until you receive your GATE Statement of Eligibility.”
- Register and submit the South Carolina Department of Education (SCDE) application for educator certification. Complete all SCDE requirements (fees, fingerprint process, official transcripts, etc.).
- Apply for open positions posted on the GCSD Jobs Listing Page.
- Interview with school principals.
Wait to receive a GATE Teacher employment offer.
- Provide required agreements, forms, and new hire documents.
Welcome to Greenville County Schools and the GATE Program!