Greenville County Schools is a place where you can make a difference! High student achievement, collegial support, modern school facilities, all-inclusive benefits, and competitive salaries make Greenville an exciting place to live and work. Quality teaching is supported with the latest technology and cutting-edge resources. According to Fodor's Travel, 2016, "This charming little city in the shadow of the Blue Ridge mountains has turned into a dynamic destination. A 32-acre park, green spaces, free concerts, pioneering artists, baseball fervor, foodie restaurants, and one of the most adorable Main Streets in America are just part of its allure." Greenville County Schools can be your place to Influence, Imagine, and Inspire!
At this point, all applicants, including those that previously applied to the early teacher pool, will need to visit the Job Listings tab in the application system and begin applying for any specific position(s) of interest. The pool application will not carry over to the specific job posting.
In addition, GCSD employees that are not under a contract teaching position, and applying for a teacher position, you may now apply using the Internal Applicant process.
Application InstructionsCLICK HERE for Teaching/Certified Jobs
To see open Teacher positions, in the Category section select "Teaching Position Category" and click "Search Jobs"
Internal applicants are GCSD employees that would like to apply for a position. The internal application system is accessible through the Employee Portal > Lawson Employee Space > Job Opportunities
Note: You must be on a district computer to apply through the internal process.
Ken Ellis, Professional Employment Specialist, 864-355-3161, email@example.com
Kelly English, Professional Employment Specialist, 864-355-7549, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deitre Helvy, Professional Employment Specialist, 864-355-3005, email@example.com
Emily Meeks, Professional Employment Specialist, 864-355-3976, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Technical Assistance
If you're ready to pursue one of our certified teaching positions, you can create and complete an application online. An e-mail address is required to apply. Once your account has been created, you may return to update your application, add attachments, or view your application. Be sure to keep a record of your login and password information. All applicants must be US citizens or have a Work Visa or Work Permit.
There are two parts to the application process. First, complete the My Profile Section and second, review Job Listings and apply to any job(s) of interest. (Part 1: My Profile and Part 2: Job Listings to Apply).
Note: You may have more than one application if you apply for more than one vacant position. A separate application is needed for each position of interest. Update your Profile and Application as needed (i.e. once you receive SC Certification, upload a copy of that certificate to your profile)
- Make sure to list the name, title, phone number, and email for your most current supervisor and another supervisor who has observed your work in a supervisory capacity. Verify the contact information entered is accurate.
- Student teachers must list the mentor teacher and university supervisor as references.
- Anyone listed as a reference will receive an email requesting completion of a reference form for you. This email is sent after your application is submitted. Confirm with the reference that the request has been received. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure the people listed as references have submitted a reference back to the district.
Note: All reference information is strictly confidential and will not be shared with any applicant.
- You will need to be certified or in the process of becoming certified in the state of South Carolina for any position for which you apply. Apply for SC certification as soon as possible.
- If you have an out of state certificate, you will need to seek reciprocity and all information regarding this process can be found on the SC Department of Education Website.
Note: Certification is managed by the State Department of Education. Forms and information are available on the SC Department of Education Website.
- All applicants must attach a resume.
- Out of State Certificate Holders must attach front and back copies of all certificates held (apply for SC Certification ASAP).
- Alternative Certification Applicants must attach a Letter of Eligibility.
- If you are currently enrolled in a teacher education program, it is helpful, but not required for you to attach a letter from the university stating you are enrolled in the program and list the anticipated date of completion/graduation.
Note: Update your Profile and Application as needed (i.e. once you receive SC Certification, upload a copy of that certificate to your profile)
Online Portrait Assessment
You will receive an email link asking you to complete an Online Portrait Assessment. If you do not receive an email soon after completing the application process, check your SPAM folder.
Note: Completion of the Online Portrait Assessment is a requirement of the Application process.
As you progress through the applicant review process you may receive an email asking to complete a background check authorization. Completion of the background check is a requirement to be considered for employment in Greenville County Schools.