The Information Assurance Office provides a centralized facility for the storage, retrieval, and (where applicable) destruction of inactive student and personnel records. Additionally, this Office issues copies of student transcripts and various other student educational records.

High School Diplomas

We do not handle high school diplomas. To get a replacement diploma, you must contact The South Carolina Department of Education at (803) 734-8347 or visit the South Carolina Department of Education website.

Students from Previous Years Who Did Not Earn Diploma Due to Not Passing Exit Exam Can Appeal for Diploma.

Beginning with the Class of 2015, students will no longer be required to pass the state’s high school exit exam to earn a South Carolina diploma. Also, students in the Classes of 1990 through 2014, who met all graduation requirements except passing the exit exam, may petition for a diploma.

Petitions for the Class of 2014 will be processed after the results of the summer High School Assessment Program (HSAP) are released. All other petitions will be processed when received. To petition for a diploma a person must: 1) No longer be enrolled in a public school; 2) Have been denied graduation solely for failing to meet the exit exam requirements (S.C. Code Section 59-18-310(B)); and 3) Complete and sign a Petition Form.

A completed, signed Petition Form (PDF) (MS Word Version) may be submitted by mail to Dr. Jason McCreary, 301 E. Camperdown Way, Greenville, SC 29602, in person at any Greenville County high school or the Central Office, or as an e-mail attachment to Dr. Jason McCreary at

If submitting a petition electronically or by mail, a scanned /copied image of the person’s photo identification must be included. Incomplete information will delay processing. Please allow 8-10 weeks for processing, printing, and delivery.

Download the Petition Form (PDF) (MS Word Version). For more information about ACT 207, visit the South Carolina Department of Education Website or contact Dr. Jason McCreary at 864-355-3369.

GED Diplomas

We do not handle GED diplomas. To get duplicate GED records, you must contact The South Carolina Department of Education at (803) 734-8347 or go to the South Carolina Department of Education website (GED).

For Alumni of 5 Years or Greater

Student Transcript / Records Request form

Student Transcript /Records Request

Information regarding requesting a transcript

The signed Student Transcript / Records Request form must be completed in full for the request to be processed in a timely manner. On the average, transcript requests require approximately 3 to 5 business days to process, once received. There will be a $5.00 charge for each request. Payment can be made using a money order made payable to the Greenville County Schools, or cash. We do not accept personal checks.
Greenville County Schools is not responsible for cash sent through the mail!

Contact Information

Mailing Address

Greenville County School District
P.O. Box 2848
Greenville, South Carolina 29602-2848
Attn: Information Assurance office

Physical Address

Central Office
301 Camperdown Way
Greenville, South Carolina 29602

Office Hours

Monday – Friday
8:30am – 3:30pm

Summer Hours:
Monday – Thursday
8:30am – 4:30pm