Student Services - Social Work Services
Providing intervention services to assist students in reaching their maximum potential in school by identifying, assessing & resolving barriers that interfere with student academic achievement, attendance & school adjustment.
Services Provided by School Social Workers:
- make home visits to help the school better understand the child and to help the family better understand the school.
- work with teachers and school staff when students have learning problems.
- refer parents to appropriate community agencies for assistance.
- promote regular school attendance through early intervention.
- arrange parent conferences.
- assist in securing clothes, shoes and medical care for students.
- confer with child-serving agencies in the community and make referrals when appropriate.
- participate in school conferences with parents, students and teachers.
- inform parents of their children’s behavior and achievements in school.
- encourage parents to visit their child’s school and become involved.
Ken Arnold, Director of Attendance and Social Work
Rosa Gonzalez, LMSW, Lead Social Worker
Cell Phone: 449-3300
Tracie Mills, Secretary