Transportation Request Forms are due to the school office by July 31st in order to ensure transportation on the first day of school.
Links to request forms are located below and also on the main district webpage under the Bus Updates tab.
Forms submitted after July 31st will not be routed until after Labor Day.
The Transportation Department is responsible for the operation of 389 state-owned school buses, plus 11 district-owned Magnet Buses and 37 district-owned activity buses. We have five bus centers, which provide regular day-to-day transportation for approximately 27,000 students. In addition, we schedule activity buses and regular school buses for athletic and extracurricular trips.
Our Mission is to provide the safest and most economical transportation to the students of Greenville County Schools.
Parents and students
- Most Greenville County School students will ride a school bus at least once. Whether they ride a regular school bus daily or occasionally ride one of our Activity buses for a field trip or an athletic trip, all students must know the bus rules. Learn about bus safety and keep your student safe.
- As an extension of the classroom, the Student Behavior Code applies on all school buses.
- We are concerned for your safety -- Learn the safety rules.
- All students must be registered to ride the bus. Please contact your child’s school to complete a bus request form. Students who are not registered to ride the bus will not be transported.
- Bus requests received after July 31, 2016 will not be routed for the first day of school. Transportation for late forms will be implemented in the order in which they were received by the Transportation Office beginning September 6, 2016. After September 6, 2016 and during the school year, it may take up to 5 school days to establish transportation.
- Ridership status and/or bus stops are subject to cancellation after five (5) consecutive school days of no ridership. If your child will be absent from bus service for more than five (5) days and you’d like to keep their status active, please notify the school office. Students must ride at least once every five (5) days in order to remain active.
- Buses are subject to arrive 10 minutes before or after the scheduled time.
- Parent or Guardian Responsibility for Students – To and From Their Bus Stop
- 2016-17 Transportation Request Form
- 2016-17 Transportation Request Form - Spanish
Seat Belt Policy
Phone: (864) 355-1289 | Fax: (864) 355-1290
Norman Seidel, Director of Transportation
Phone: (864) 355-1826 | Fax: (864) 355-1290
David Poag, Coord. of Routing and Scheduling
Phone: (864) 355-1289 | Fax (864) 355-1290
June Knight, Donaldson Bus Center Manager
Phone: (864) 355-5280 | Fax: (864) 355-5289
Teena Mitchell, Special Needs Bus Center Manager
Phone: (864) 355-3030 | Fax: (864) 355-3036
Shayne Mitchell, Taylors Bus Center Manager
Phone: (864) 355-7330 | Fax: (864) 355-7344
Berea Bus Center
153 Berea Middle School Rd
Greenville, SC 29617
355-7290 | Map
Donaldson Bus Center
40 Arizona Avenue
Greenville, SC 29605
355-5280 | Map
Golden Strip Bus Center
1122 East Butler Road
Greenville, SC 29607
355-4990 | Map
Taylors Bus Center
2805 Locust Hill Rd.
Taylors, SC 29687
355-7330 | Map
Waddell Bus Center
200 Waddell Road
Taylors, SC 29687
355-3030 | Map