Step 1. Complete an on-line application on the Greenville County School District website or at a local bus center. Information call: 864-355-1826.
Step 2. All online applications are processed by Greenville County Schools Human Resource Department for a Greenville County School criminal background check.
Step 3. Human Resource Department will forward successful applications to the Transportation Department for review. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Step 4. Applicants forwarded to the Greenville County Schools CDL training program must successfully complete the following:
- Pre-employment Drug Test
- DOT Physical -Tuberculosis Test
- Physical Performance Test
Step 5. After completing your Physical Performance Test, you are required to:
- Attend 5 days of CDL Classroom Training located at 2 Space Drive, Building B, Taylors SC 29687. Class hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day.
- Take the following written tests: General Knowledge - Air Brakes - Passenger - School Bus at a Department of Motor Vehicle location. (completed during class)
- Notify your Safety Training Officer once you have obtained your CDL Class B permit with P&S endorsements.
Step 6. Completion of Behind-the-Wheel Bus Training (BTW) (Approximately 20-30 hours)
Step 7. Completion of CDL Pre Trip – Skills – Road Test.
Step 8. Upon passing the CDL Pre Trip - Skills - Road Test the applicant has two (2) days after completion of Steps 5, 6, and 7 to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License with the P & S endorsement and NO restriction for Air Brakes.
Step 9. Copy of the Class B Commercial Driver’s License is to be provided to the Safety Specialist.
Step 10. Complete the New Employee Packet with the H.R. Secretary at the bus center. (Checking or saving account needed for direct deposit).
Step 11. Bus Center H.R. Secretary will schedule an appointment for “New Employee Orientation” meeting.
Step 12. Attend a minimum of ten (10) hours of In-Service Meetings scheduled throughout the school year. (Drivers and aides will be notified of these meetings).