Superintendent Announces Top 10 Finalists for 2022-23 Teacher of the Year
Greenville County Schools Superintendent Dr. Burke Royster today surprised ten GCS teachers with the announcement that they have been named finalists for 2022-23 GCS Teacher of the Year!
The finalists are, in alphabetical order:
- Audrey Bass, Strings Teacher, Eastside High
- Bekki Benjamin, ELA, Wade Hampton High
- Kerith Fay, 1st Grade, K-12 Virtual Program
- Wendy Frans, 5th Grade, Brushy Creek Elementary School
- Janet Herrera-Gantt, 3rd Grade, Bethel Elementary School
- Hank Hill, Health Science/EMS, Riverside High
- Lesley Hipp, 2nd Grade, Robert E. Cashion Elementary School
- Sarah Monson, ELA, League Academy
- Devin Moore, 2nd Grade, Summit Drive Elementary School
- Michelle Stein, 7th Grade Inclusion, Northwest Middle
The process of selecting the ten finalists began last fall when schools and centers selected their individual Teacher of the Year. Applications were reviewed by a Screening Committee and a Selection Committee. The 2022-23 GCS Teacher of the Year will be announced on August 11. Special thanks to our generous sponsor, Greenville Federal Credit Union, who provided a $100 Visa gift card and a Rocketbook smart notebook to each of the Top 10 Teacher of the Year Finalists. Pictured below is Catherine James of GFCU congratulating each of our Top 10 Finalists.
Congratulations to these outstanding teachers!