11 GCS Educators Complete Aspiring Principal Institute
Eleven Greenville County Schools educators recently completed the Aspiring Principal Institute (API), a year-long program involving more than 50 hours of instruction, skill development, leadership shadowing, small group book studies, and mentoring by district leaders.
The purpose of API is to provide professional growth and leadership development opportunities for aspiring principals with a focus on instructional leadership, effective management, and communication.
Program coordinators are Mrs. Brenda Byrd, Mrs. Traci Hogan, Mrs. Karen Kapp, Ms. Nerissa Lewis, Dr. Megan Mitchell-Hoefer, Dr. David McDonald, Mr. Scott Rhymer, and Mr. Eric Williams.
2020-2021 API Graduates
- Jonathan Duty, Riverside High School
- Lisa Gilliard, Buena Vista Elementary
- Daniel Greene, Northwest Middle
- Michelle Michael, Golden Strip Career Center
- John Pachter, Carolina High School
- Holly Rollison, Tigerville Elementary
- Eduardo Roman, Lakeview Middle School
- L'Adair Sterling, Greenville High School
- Michael Stone, Wade Hampton High School
- Sandra Taylor, Blue Ridge Middle School
- Terri Wheeler-Hawkins, Taylors Elementary