Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2020
2020-21 Top 10 Teachers Announced
Greenville County Schools Superintendent Burke Royster surprised ten GCS teachers via Zoom today, telling them they have been named finalists for the 2020-21 GCS Teacher of the Year!
The finalists are, in alphabetical order:
- Chris Beyerle, Gateway to Technology, Dr. Phinnize J. Fisher Middle School
- Angelica Childes, 3rd Grade, Summit Drive Elementary School
- Starr Gillespie, 7th Grade Social Studies, Tanglewood Middle School
- Matthew Large, Mathematics, Wade Hampton High School
- Zoren Rierson, Special Education, Travelers Rest High School
- Caitlin Scott, Band, Woodmont Middle School
- Alison Taylor, 1st Grade, Mitchell Road Elementary School
- Tamara Uria, English as a Second Language (ESOL), Greenville Middle Academy
- Cyndi Waddell, Dance, Stone Elementary Academy
- Stephanie White, 5th Grade, Cherrydale Elementary School
The process of selecting the ten finalists began last fall when schools and centers selected their individual Teacher of the Year. Applications were reviewed by a Screening Committee and a Selection Committee. Congratulations to these outstanding teachers!