Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Five GCS employees were honored by the South Carolina PTA with 2017 Awards for Outstanding Service. The awards recognize exemplary service toward promoting and upholding the mission, vision, values, and purposes of PTA at their respective schools.
- Riverside High School Mathematics Teacher Kelly Ackerman - South Carolina High School Teacher of the Year
- Jordan Finlay, Assistant Principal, Mauldin Middle - South Carolina Middle School Administrator of the Year
- Riverside High Plant Engineer Denis Hertel - South Carolina High School Support Staff of the Year.
- Riverside Middle Media Specialist Gaelyn Jenkins - South Carolina Middle School Teacher of the Year
- Charlie Mayfield, Principal, J. L. Mann High Academy, - South Carolina Principal of the Year