Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017
The Sheffield Wood Gallery of the Fine Arts Center is hosting a Visual Arts Alumni Exhibition to celebrate the retirement of esteemed Director Doctor Roy Fluhrer.
We would like to invite any and all visual artists who studied under the directorship of Dr. Fluhrer and are still practicing artists to submit up to three works of art to be displayed from June 2 through September 1, 2017 at the Sheffield Wood Gallery. Your works will be displayed alongside other Visual Arts Alumni and will help in our celebration of Dr. Fluhrer’s 27-year tenure at the Fine Arts Center.
Deadline to submit entries online: April 19, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: May 5, 2017
Deadline for arrival of delivered artwork: May 17, 2017
Reception and Retirement Celebration: Sunday, June 4, 2017 2:00-5:00pm at the Fine Arts Center
- There is no entry fee.
- Maximum number of entries: 3
- Size Requirements:
- 2D: no limitations
- 3D: within 100 lbs. OR installed by the artist
- All Submitted works must have been made within the last 5 years.
- Recent Alumni must submit work that has been made since graduating from the FAC.
- Once accepted, the artwork should be shipped or delivered to the FAC by May 17, 2017.
- Shipping and insurance to and from the exhibition will be responsibility artist. Works must be received by May 17, 2017. Include a pre-paid label for return shipping and insurance. Return shipping will begin September 6, 2017.
- The artist is responsible for shipping costs.
Fine Arts Center
c/o Katy Cassell or Rebecca Roth
102 Pine Knoll Dr.
Greenville, SC 29609