Posted: Friday, April 29, 2016
28 Seniors Receive Scholarships from GCS Golf Tournament Proceeds
Greenville County Schools has awarded $42,000 in GCS Golf Tournament scholarships to 28 seniors at a luncheon sponsored by Greenville County Schools Foundation. Nineteen recipients were chosen from entries received from District employees’ children. The remaining scholarship winners were selected from students’ applications across the school system. More than $472,000 has been awarded to high school seniors in the 20-year history of the GCS Scholarship Program.
Judges for this year’s scholarship program were: Tami Miller, Leadership Development Director, Greenville Chamber of Commerce; Mary Capers Bledsoe, Executive Director of the SC YMCA Youth in Government; and Rhonda Rawlings, News and Community Affairs Director for Summit Media.
The 20th annual Greenville County Schools Golf Tournament was held last fall at Pebble Creek Club and raised about $42,000 for the scholarships.
The 2016 scholarship recipients are:
- Berea High – Ashley Nabors
- Blue Ridge High – Alicia DiPerri
- Carolina High & Academy – Austin Hamby, Nieve Santamaria
- Eastside High – Stephen Wells
- Greenville Sr. High Academy – Emma Batson, Annie Mazzola
- Greer High – Jessica Greene, Elizabeth Schneider
- Greer Middle Charter High – Alyxandria Farkas
- Hillcrest High – Kailey Arnold, Mikala Duncan, Madelyn Watts
- J. L. Mann High Academy – Andrew O’Steen, Sarah Smith
- Mauldin High – Jensen Byrd, Blake Martin
- Riverside High – Lydia Elsey, Hayden Pruitt
- Southside High Academy – Marquis Prince
- Travelers Rest High – Anna Edwards, Reagan League
- Wade Hampton High – Harrison Tate, Caroline Trembly, Caroline Zeller
- Woodmont High – Patricia Konczal, Andrew McKamy, William Ethan Wells