Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2016
GCS Player of the Week - March 24
Greenville County Schools Players of the Week are nominated by their coaches and athletic directors and a winner is selected from a girls and a boys sport. Here are this weeks winners!
Bennett Gilliard, Eastside Golf. Bennett shot 2-under par over 27 holes at the Greenville County championship to win the tournament. His low score also helped pace the Eastside Eagles team to the county championship!
Anna Lee Henry, JL Mann Lacrosse – Anna Lee is the goalie for the defending state title winning JL Mann Lacrosse team. At the Dogwood Classic in Atlanta, Anna Lee was named to the All-Tournament team on Saturday and on Sunday was selected to be part of the US Lacrosse Lower Atlantic National Tournament team!
Congratulations Bennett and Anna Lee!
Here are the other deserving nominees:
- Wilbert Perez, Berea Soccer – Goal, assist and penalty kick in region win over Eastside
- Jazmine Butler, Berea Track – Improved 100m time by more than a ½ second. Runs lead leg on 4x100 and 4x400 relay teams
- Cole Phillips, Hillcrest Baseball – Complete game 1 hitter vs Laurens
- Allison Johnson, Hillcrest Track – Won discus at Ram Invitational with personal best throw.
- Drake Byrd, JL Mann Soccer – 6 goals and 1 assist last 4 games
- Ben Cignarle, Riverside Track – Broke 18 year old school record in 2-mile with a time of 9:55
- Jessica Crowley, Riverside Track – Ran a 5:20 1600 and a 11:29 3200. Also had a 2;30 split in the 4x800.
- Cameron Wrice, Southside Track – 1st in triple jump, 4x100 and 4x400
- Brittany Dawson, Southside Softball – Catcher and emergency pitcher recognized for leadership by her coach
- Ethan Howard, Travelers Rest Tennis – 4-0 start to the season
- Aiden Rohrer, Travelers Rest Track – 1st place at Byrnes Invitational with meet record 98’3” throw.
- Colt Griffith, Woodmont Track – Won 800 and 1600 at Chick Fil A Classic, setting meet record in both distances
- Kayly Dixon, Woodmont Softball – 5-7 with 2 HR’s, 2 doubles and a triple in two wins last week