GCS is committed to complying with applicable information security requirements and relevant information security standards and protocols. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA)
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act - COPPA
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, (15 U.S.C 6501, et seq.,) which prohibits unfair or deceptive acts or practices in connection with the collection, use, and/or disclosure of personal information from and about children under the age of 13 on the Internet.
Complying with COPPA
The following links provide additional information and frequently asked questions regarding COPPA compliance:
- Complying with COPPA: Frequently Asked Questions
- Part 312 - Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Approved Instructional Websites - Updated Monthly*
*This approved list is subject to change and should be checked regularly.