Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015
GCS Player of the Week - November 12
We have a special edition for this weeks “GCS Player of the Week”, celebrating one of the most dominant teams in the state of South Carolina as they brought home their 3rdstraight state championship!
Riverside Warriors Girls Cross Country, a team ranked amongst the nations best, brought home their 3rd consecutive Class AAAA Girls Cross Country State Championship. The Warriors placed five runners in the top ten, and 8th grader Jessie Crowley finished 1st overall with a time of 18:30.00. Ashley Fallow placed 4th, Carter Marchbanks 5th, Cate Ambrose 6th, Emma Spencer 8th, Anna Yang 16th and Abigail Smith 36th. The Warriors also won the Upper State meet the week before, with Ambrose and Crowley finishing 1st and 2nd in that qualifying race.
Congratulations to the Riverside Warriors Girls Cross Country team on their 3rd Consecutive State Championship!
Also from the state meet, congratulations to Emma DeRoberts of Woodmont who finished 2nd overall behind Crowley, and the Wade Hampton Boys XC who placed 2nd overall as a team in the AAAA Boys Meet.
Congratulations to all of our nominees this week:
- Cara Bogner, Greenville XC – Placed 3rd in AAAA State Meet
- Collin Sneed, Hillcrest Football – 297 yards passing and 5 TD’s in season finale
- Emily Dunlap, Mauldin Golf – Shot a 72 to win Individual Medalist Honors at AAAA Upper State Championship
- Alejandro Gonzalez, Southside XC – Recognized for dedication to team
- Cathy Chi, Southside Tennis – Qualified for State Tournament in singles
- John Ward, Wade Hampton XC – Finished 4th overall in AAAA State Meet
- Marley White, Wade Hampton XC – Led team to a top 5 finish at State Meet
- Jerius Duncan, Woodmont Football – Woodmont Heisman Award Winner
- Abbigail Duncan, Woodmont – Woodmont Heisman Award Winner