Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015
Greenville County Schools would like to recognize our Swim State Champions as our Players of the Week!
Riverside High Girls & Boys Swim – Riverside High continued their dominance of Class AAAA swimming claim their third consecutive state championship in both girls and boys swimming. Riverside Girls racked up 447 points, 154 more than runner-up Fort Mill. On the Boys side, Riverside amassed 339 points.
Eastside High Boys Swim – The Eastside Boys Swim Team narrowly defeated Academic Magnet 381.50 to 333.50 to claim the AAA Boys State Championship.
Congratulations to Riverside and Eastside Swimming on their 2015-16 State Championships!
Here is a list of GCS top performers at the State Swim Meet:
- Ali Galyer – JL Mann – 1st place Girls 200 Freestyle & Girls 100 Backstroke
- Jessi Snover – Riverside High – 1st place Girls 100 Butterfly
- Savanna Faulconer – JL Mann – 1st place Girls 200 IM & 100 Breaststroke
- Emma Knapp – Mauldin High – 1st place Girls 500 Freestyle
- Jack Frazier – Riverside High – 1st place Boys 100 Butterfly
- Riverside Girls 200 Medley Relay - 1st Place
- Madeline Reilly, Jessica Horomanski, Maegan Rudolph, Jessi Snover
- Riverside Boys 200 Medley Relay – 1st Place
- Kyle Burke, Charlie Jason, Jack Frazier, Brandon Meier
- Riverside Girls 400 Freestyle Relay – 1st Place
- Jessi Snover, Hannah Ownbey, Maegan Rudolph, Arianna Schneider
Congratulations to all of our state qualifying swimmers!
Also, congratulations to our other Player of the Week nominees, who had a terrific week and were nominated by their coaches and athletic directors for recognition:
- Pedro Esteban, Berea Cross Country – Personal record of 20:20 at Region Meet
- Kenidy Aiken, Berea Tennis – Won her match 6-3, 6-0 vs Emerald
- Vonta Jenkins, Blue Ridge Football – Recognized as a team leader.
- AJ Lynn & Riley Driscoll, Blue Ridge Tennis – Both went 2-0 to get BR into playoffs.
- Zacchaeus Sullivan, Carolina Football – 135 yds rushing, 3 tackles and 2 assists
- Daniela Ramirez, Carolina Volleyball – Recognized for hard work and positive leadership.
- Connor Thorne, Eastside Swim – School record in 100 Fly, named All State AAA Swim.
- Leeann Tiffany, Eastside Swim – School record in 100 Fly, named All State AAA Swim.
- Jordan Scovel, Greenville Cross Country – Personal record 17:28 in Region Meet.
- Brooke Wade, Greer Volleyball – 91% serve, 17 kills, 2 aces and 21 service returns.
- Bryan Leavitt, Hillcrest Cross Country – Placed 3rd in Region Meet.
- Mikala Duncan, Hillcrest Golf – 1st Ram to qualify for State Tournament in 8 years.
- Miko Aragon, JL Mann Swim – Medalled in 500 Freestyle at State Meet.
- Savanna Faulconer, JL Mann Swim – State Champion in 200 IM and 100 Breaststroke.
- Dre Harris, Mauldin Football – Four passing TD’s, plus 206 yards rushing and a TD.
- Emma Knapp, Mauldin Swim – State Champion in 500 Free, holds school record.
- Jack Frazier, Riverside Swim – State Champion in 100 Butterfly $ 200 Medley Relay.
- Jessi Snover, Riverside Swim – State Champion in 100 Butterfly, 200 Medley Relay and 400 Free Relay.
- Zay Terry, Travelers Rest Football – Rushing TD, Field Goal and Interception.
- Victoria Huskey, Travelers Rest Golf – Region Champion and named to North/South All-Star Golf Team.
- John Ward, Wade Hampton Cross Country – Region Runner-Up.
- Audra McSharry, Wade Hampton Swim – 2nd place in 500 Free at State Meet. New school record.
- Cole Griffith, Woodmont Cross Country – Region Champion with time of 15:55.
- Campbell McCarthy & Elizabeth Jensen, Woodmont Swim – First female Woodmont swimmers to score in a state meet.
- Reggie Wright, Southside Football - game saving interception vs. Blue Ridge
- Cathy Chi, Southside Tennis – Top Ranked player on girls team