Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015
Greenville County Schools has awarded $36,000 in GCS Golf Tournament scholarships to 30 seniors at a luncheon sponsored by Greenville County Schools Foundation. Twenty-three recipients were chosen from entries received from District employees’ children. The remaining scholarship winners were selected from students’ applications across the school system. More than $436,000 has been awarded to high school seniors in the 19-year history of the GCS Scholarship Program.
Judges for this year’s scholarship program were: Tami Miller, LEAD Coordinator for the Greenville Chamber; Mary Capers Bledsoe, Executive Director of the SC YMCA Youth in Government; and Rhonda Rawlings, News and Community Affairs Director for Summit Media.
The 19th annual Greenville County Schools Golf Tournament was held last fall at Pebble Creek Club and raised about $36,000 for the scholarships.
The 2015 scholarship recipients are:
- Berea High – Sarah Hunt, Kelsi Nabors
- Blue Ridge High – Shadda Corwin, Savannah Reeves
- Carolina High & Academy – Hunter Summey
- Eastside High – Daniel Fox, Emily Galloway, Hannah Osborne
- Greenville Sr. High Academy – Bryce Reeves, Gabrielle Williams
- Greer High – Rebecca Burgess, Kellyn Taylor
- Greer Middle Charter High – Hannah Smith
- Hillcrest High – Nathaniel Calvert, Kennedy Nichols, Marina Sorial
- J. L. Mann High Academy – Emily Carter, Reed Chasteen, James Power
- Mauldin High – Erin Clark, Kelsea Farmer
- Riverside High – Garrett Neel
- Southside High Academy – Tyler Kelly
- Travelers Rest High – Westin Hardesty
- Wade Hampton High – Andrew Lavely, Natalie McCrary, Emily Mulkey
- Woodmont High – Kyria Brown, Abigail Emerson, Randi Gilbert