Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2011
School Board Member Danna Rohleder re-elected to SCSBA board as Region 15 Director
Danna Rohleder was recently re-elected to the South Carolina School Boards Association (SCSBA) Board of Directors as the Region 15 Director.
Greenville County School Board Member Danna Rohleder was recently re-elected to the South Carolina School Boards Association (SCSBA) Board of Directors as the Region 15 Director. The annual business meeting, which was held during the association's Legislative Advocacy Conference, included voting delegates from most of the state's 83 school boards. In addition to the election of association officers, delegates adopt resolutions to guide the association during the 2012 legislative session.
Rohleder has served as region director since 2007 representing the Greenville County School Board. She was elected to serve Greenville County Schools in 2004 as the Area 21 representative and has served as board secretary. A retired Greenville County Schools English teacher, Rohleder earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of South Carolina, and a master's in English Education from USC. She currently teaches at both Greenville Technical College and in the Lifelong Learning Program for Furman University. She and her husband, Carl, are members of Westminster Presbyterian Church.
In addition to Rohleder, other board members elected to serve a four-year term on the 22-member board of directors as regional directors:
- Region 3 Director, Doug Cooper, Berkeley County School Board
- Region 7 Director, Larry Addison, Sumter School Board
- Region 11 Director, Debrah Miller, Greenwood 50 School Board
The following officers were elected to lead the association’s board of directors for a one-year term:
- President, Richard Cook, Florence Three School Board
- President-elect, John Hughes, Marion Two School Board
- Vice President, Beth Branham, Lexington Two School Board
- Treasurer, Robert Gantt, Lexington and Richland Five School Board
- Secretary, Kathy Coleman, Saluda County School Board
The South Carolina School Boards Association is a non-profit organization serving as a source of information and a statewide voice for boards governing the 83 school districts.