Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020
The Greenville Drive, in partnership with Hubbell Lighting, BMW Manufacturing, and Greenville Technical College, will host the 5th annual Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering event on Sunday, September 27 at 2 p.m. This much-anticipated event will take on a unique and virtual format this year while continuing to provide students, parents, and technology and manufacturing advocates across the Upstate with a first-hand experience of how companies and organizations in our region are shaping the future of manufacturing and engineering. Students who pre-register and submit a question before September 27will be entered to win door prizes.
In Greenville County, about 800 manufacturing firms employing nearly 30,000 people pay about 30 percent more, on average, than other jobs. The average weekly wage for all jobs is $973, while the average weekly wage for manufacturing jobs is $1,265.
More Details & Registration
AM&E Night this year will be filled with engaging and exciting video features from the Upstate’s leading Manufacturing and Engineering companies, including:
- Greenville Technical College (virtual campus tours through robotics, mechatronics, 3D printing, and more)
- BMW (video overview of BMW’s world class manufacturing capabilities, specific talent programs and recruiting features, and a virtual plant tour)
- Michelin (virtual overview of Michelin’s latest technologies and recruiting updates)
- General Electric (first person tour of GE’s globally renown and Greenville based Advanced Manufacturing Works facility)
- Hubbell Lighting (interviews with Hubbell engineers from local Greenville schools, spotlight manufacturing videos, and a special community scavenger hunt feature)
- Milliken (showcase feature on Milliken’s latest technologies directly assisting with COVID-19 relief efforts)
- Bosch Rexroth (exciting rap video feature of Bosch’s latest products and technologies including 3D printing, 3D scanning, laser engraving, and more; one you won’t want to miss!)
Students can click this link to pre-register, where you will also have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the exhibitors. Terrific prizes including Drones, VR Headsets, BMW Performance Driving Center Passes, iDevice packages, and more will be awarded to students whose questions are selected and featured during the event.
For questions, please contact Drive General Manager Eric Jarinko at Eric.Jarinko2@GreenvilleDrive.com.