13 GCS Educators Complete Aspiring Principal Institute
Thirteen Greenville County Schools educators recently completed the Aspiring Principal Institute (API), a year-long program of study involving more than 50 hours of instruction, skill development, leadership shadowing, small group book studies, and mentoring by district leaders.
The purpose of API is to provide professional growth and leadership development opportunities for aspiring principals with a focus on instructional leadership, effective management, and communication.
Program coordinators are Mrs. Brenda Byrd, Mrs. Karen Kapp, Dr. Michelle Meekins, Dr. Megan Mitchell-Hoefer, Dr. David McDonald, and Mr. Scott Rhymer.
2017-18 API Graduates
- Caroline Bohnenberger, Hughes Academy
- Jennifer Couch, Woodmont Middle
- Yolanda Crittendon-Jones, Berea Middle
- Karon Dailey, Sevier Middle
- Beth Farmer, Westcliffe Elementary
- Karen Greene, Northwood Middle
- Darah Huffman, Mauldin High
- Mark Loach, Monarch Elementary
- Adam Massey, Mauldin High
- April Roberts, Sara Collins Elementary
- Charlotte Sauls, Grove Elementary
- Leah Stafford, Simpsonville Elementary
- Cory Terry, East North Street Academy