Posted: Friday, October 23, 2015
Greenville County 8th Grader Awarded Prestigious Scholarship
The scholarship is a full four-year, merit-based high school scholarship. The Scholarship can be used nationally toward any high school or approved alternative educational program.
The Scholarship enables highly able middle school students to explore and access unlimited high school and early college opportunities that provide these young adults with the optimal educational match for their high school career.
A Caroline D. Bradley Scholar is a young student who excels academically, displays a genuine quest for knowledge, thrives in the discovery process, is a leader among peers, and embraces the ideals of integrity, service, and honesty.
Through a highly selective, in-depth portfolio application and interview process, CDB annually identifies exceptional middle school students from across the country who best meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrates exceptional academic ability and achievement
- Has scored in the 97th percentile or above – or scored as “Advanced” – in one or more of the major academic areas of school-administered, nationally-normed standardized test (i.e., Stanford 9, ERB, STAR, etc.) for the past two years
- Scores 20 or higher in either the Math or Reading component of the ACT or scores 500 or higher in either the Critical Reading or Math component of SAT Reasoning Test
- Strives for excellence and continually seeks more rigorous academic challenges
- Demonstrates leadership abilities
- Exhibits creative thinking
- Is extremely curious and has a thirst for knowledge
- Exhibits a passion for learning
- Is highly motivated
- Embraces the merits of integrity and honesty
- Demonstrates a high level of maturity and a strong sense of self
- Seeks an accelerated, diversified high school program