Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014
Teachers Selected for STEAM Teacher Expert Professional Development
Congratulations to the following schools and teams of teachers selected to participate in the GCS STEAM Teacher Expert Professional Development initiative.
- Berea Middle - Tamara Glover, Keri Mills, Amy Schiable, Joanne Wallace
- Bryson Middle - Mary Cole, James Kliewer, Jeremy Puskas, Ashley Tumlin
- Dr. Phinnize J. Fisher Middle - Serena Cox, Scott O’Neal, Melissa Texin
- Greenville Academy - Claire Berg, Sara Tuttle
- Hughes Academy - Sallisha Dendy-Jones, Rodrecus Hill
- League Academy - Heather Ebert, Marree Foutty
- Sevier Middle - Ann Bolin, Laura DiBlasio, Terra Johns, Tobi Pirolla
The STEAM Expert Teacher Cohort, sponsored by a Bosch Community Fund Grant and in partnership with Clemson University, seeks to develop teacher-leaders who are experts in STEAM curriculum development and project-based teaching.
An Orientation Day is scheduled for Thursday, June 12. Initial coursework for this summer includes courses in Digital Media and Learning and Project-Based Instruction. The final course, a year-long study entitled Becoming a Reflective Practitioner, will take place during the 2014-2015 school year.