Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014
Congratulations to the following schools and teams of teachers selected to participate in the GCS STEAM Teacher Expert Professional Development initiative.
- Berea Middle - Tamara Glover, Keri Mills, Amy Schiable, Joanne Wallace
- Bryson Middle - Mary Cole, James Kliewer, Jeremy Puskas, Ashley Tumlin
- Dr. Phinnize J. Fisher Middle - Serena Cox, Scott O’Neal, Melissa Texin
- Greenville Academy - Claire Berg, Sara Tuttle
- Hughes Academy - Sallisha Dendy-Jones, Rodrecus Hill
- League Academy - Heather Ebert, Marree Foutty
- Sevier Middle - Ann Bolin, Laura DiBlasio, Terra Johns, Tobi Pirolla
The STEAM Expert Teacher Cohort, sponsored by a Bosch Community Fund Grant and in partnership with Clemson University, seeks to develop teacher-leaders who are experts in STEAM curriculum development and project-based teaching.
An Orientation Day is scheduled for Thursday, June 12. Initial coursework for this summer includes courses in Digital Media and Learning and Project-Based Instruction. The final course, a year-long study entitled Becoming a Reflective Practitioner, will take place during the 2014-2015 school year.