New Principals, District Ombudsman Named
Summit Drive Elementary and Taylors Elementary will have new principals beginning next school year. Also, the district has announced a replacement for Dr. Patrick Mark, District Ombudsman/Assistant to the Superintendent, who is retiring.
Kelly D. Hellams has been named principal of Summit Drive Elementary School. She replaces Dr. Megan Mitchell-Hoefer, who has been named principal of A. J. Whittenberg Elementary. Mrs. Hellams has served as assistant principal at Plain Elementary since 2009. She previously served as administrative assistant at Stone Academy and was a teacher at Greenbrier Elementary. Mrs. Hellams earned a bachelor’s degree from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and master’s degree in education from the University of South Carolina.
Rhonda Rhodes has been named principal of Taylors Elementary School, replacing Delaney Sutton who will leave the district at the end of this school year. Mrs. Rhodes currently serves as principal of Wren Elementary. She has previous experience as director of teaching and learning, principal, and assistant principal for Oconee County Schools. Mrs. Rhodes earned a bachelor’s degree from Southern Wesleyan University and a master’s degree in education from Clemson University.
Brian J. Sherman has been hired as District Ombudsman/Assistant to the Superintendent. Mr. Sherman currently serves as principal of Landrum High School and previously served as assistant principal of curriculum and instruction at Lugoff-Elgin High School. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Appalachian State University and a master’s degree in education from Winthrop University.
Additional administrative changes were announced earlier this year:
- Mary Leslie Anderson, Principal, League Middle Academy
- Brenda Byrd, Assistant Superintendent for School Leadership, Elementary Level Group 1
- Kelli Farmer, Principal, Hillcrest Middle
- Amy Kern, Principal, Mitchell Road Elementary
- Nerissa Lewis, Principal, Bethel Elementary
- Kate Malone, Principal, Riverside Middle
- Jennifer Meisten, Principal, Beck Middle Academy
- Dr. Megan Mitchell-Hoefer, Principal, A. J. Whittenberg Elementary
- G. Bryan Skipper, Principal, Hillcrest High School
- Dr. Jamie Spinks, Jr., Principal, Mauldin Elementary
- Jason S. Warren, Principal, Greenville Sr. High Academy
- Michael Weeks, Interim Director, Roper Mountain Science Center
- Eric Williams, Principal, Wade Hampton High School