icon: envelope icon: GCS Backpack icon: Greenville County Schools icon: megaphone icon: Facebook icon: Twitter icon: Instagram

Upcoming Events


COVID Notification Process – Not a Close Contact

Effective Monday, September 13, Greenville County Schools will begin using Backpack to notify parents when a COVID-positive case has occurred in their child’s classroom or team.

The new Backpack notification process, which interfaces with PowerSchool, will allow principals to automatically distribute an email to parents of all students in a particular classroom. The new process is much faster and more efficient than our previous system of manually selecting each student’s name from the roster and entering it into a Phone Messenger system.

Please note that parents whose children are identified as “close contacts” will still receive a phone call from a school staff member.

Parents who have not done so already should set up a Backpack account using the steps outlined here.

Fall Portraits

icon: framed photoStudents and their parents can review and purchase Fall Portraits by registering online with Metro Portraits. Once registration is completed, you will be notified via email or text (as selected during registration).

Metro Portraits Registration

Make-up pictures will be held Thursday, September 30 during the school day.

Virtual Program student pictures will be taken after school on Thursday, September 30 from 4:00–4:30 PM in the Cafeteria.

COVID-19 Reporting Reminders

icon: COVID-19Please remember to continue to communicate information regarding your student testing positive or an exposure to another individual who has tested positive for COVID-19. If this occurs, we are asking that you contact a school administrator immediately. You can email or call the grade level administrator, and someone from the school will reach out to you within 24 hours.

6th Grade

Matt Hurst
Email Mr. Hurst

7th Grade

Edgar Henson
Email Mr. Henson

8th Grade

Ashley Stewart
Email Mrs. Stewart

Spirit Night @ Chick-fil-A, Woodruff Road

icon: PTA Spirit NightThis first MMS PTA Spirit Night of this school year will take place on Thursday, September 23 @ Chick-fil-A (Woodruff Road location) from 4-9 PM! Spirit Night benefits apply to drive-thru orders only.

When you mention MMS PTA during our Spirit Night events, our amazing partners will graciously donate 10-15% of sales back to MMS!

Change of Information

The Student Emergency Information Form in the start of school student packet is sent directly to the Health Room.       

No updates are made to our student database from this form.

To change your address, phone numbers or emergency contacts:  

Use your Backpack account to update your contact information. You’ll need to scan a copy of a recent utility bill* or Change of Address Form. Please notify the school directly as you must provide two proofs of residency.

If your child will be a bus rider, you’ll also need to indicate that in Backpack or complete the Transportation Form, which is available on the district website.

*All address changes must include a current bill dated within past 30 days from either Duke Energy, Laurens Electric, Piedmont Natural Gas, Spectrum, or Greenville Water System. The bill must show the service address, not just the mailing address. If the bill is not in the parent’s name, please contact Guidance for additional information. Please bring paper copies to the Guidance Office or fax info to 355-6670. We cannot change your address without this documentation.

Questions? Please contact the Guidance Office at 355-6774. Thank you!

Accepting Substitute Teacher Applications

Are you interested in substitute teaching? Greenville County Schools is open for applicants!

View the Substitute Teaching flyer for instructions on how to apply. If you have questions, please email Renee Castor, Employment Specialist or call 864-355-0944. 

Interested in Substitute Teaching? (PDF)

Attention: Digital Forms for Parents to Complete

icon: requiredParents: Please complete the digital 2021-2022 MMS Digital Forms for each of your students at Mauldin Middle School. These required forms can be filled out online this year using the link below.

Digital Student Handbook and Chromebook Agreement Forms

Let's Talk: Social Emotional Learning at GCS

Let's Talk - Greenville County Schools Mental Health ResourcesSocial Emotional Learning (SEL) is a term used to describe traits students need to be prepared for opportunities in life, education, and employment. GCS has committed to building a better graduate, which includes social and emotional skills like perseverance, integrity, work ethic, and interpersonal skills. These are all skills that the business community has emphasized are needed for our students to become healthy and effective employees.

COVID-19 has made the past year hard for us all, especially our children. We understand from local and national mental health experts that our children are experiencing a mental health crisis. Over the past several years, both nationally and in the Greenville community, we have seen consistent increases in mental health needs and in the number of suicide deaths among children. These increases were even more significant in the last 12 months. Nothing is more important than the safety and wellness of our children, and we must all work together to address their needs.

Greenville County Schools and Rethink Ed have partnered to provide you access to our online SEL program. This program provides videos and activities for both adults and children to support your social and emotional wellbeing. You will have access to strategies and tools that will help you and your child recognize and manage emotions, build stronger relationships, and develop skills to lead happier and healthier lives.

For information about the program and how to register, please download and review the Rethink Ed Parent Letter (English | Spanish).

Let's Talk: GCS Mental Health Resources

2021-22 Extended Day Program Registration

Registration for Mauldin Middle School's Extended Day Program (EDP) is now open!

Parents who wish to register should complete the online registration form and pay the $40 registration fee with cash/check to the school, or online via MySchoolBucks. 

Students are will not be assured a spot in EDP until the school has received the $40 registration fee and verification from the school has been received.

✏️ 2021-22 EDP Registration Form 

🧩 About our Extended Day Program