The mission of Mauldin Middle School is to prepare all students to succeed in becoming lifelong learners and responsible, productive citizens.
The vision of Mauldin Middle School is to develop 21st Century learners by creating a collaborative learning community. We will ensure lifelong learners who are responsible, productive citizens by encouraging discovery and exploration through personalized learning.
- All students can learn.
- Students are the center of the educational process.
- Students should be actively engaged in the learning process through the use of a variety of teaching and assessment strategies.
- Students should have equal access to educational opportunities.
- Students should learn in a safe, positive, and inviting environment.
- Education is the shared responsibility of home, school, and the community.
- Curriculum and instruction should meet the needs of all students.
- Curriculum should be based on the South Carolina Curriculum Standards.
- To provide an educational atmosphere in which each child can learn.
- To provide a program of education best suited to the individual student's needs.
- To help each child be aware of and cope with the differences in himself and others.
- To help each child develop a positive set of values which provide a moral and ethical basis for decision-making.
- To provide the knowledge necessary for students to build and maintain sound healthy bodies, now and in the future.
- To provide experiences to develop responsible, involved citizens who will function effectively in a democratic society.
- To encourage a sense of self-respect and dependability among the students that will promote leadership and service.
- To encourage healthy attitudes and provide activities for students to develop positive self-concepts.
- To provide counseling services for students as a means of preventing and solving problems.
- To develop a close relationship between the school and the community.