School Improvement Council (SIC)
The Education Finance Act of 1977, as amended by the Education Improvement Act of 1984, the Early Childhood Development and Academic Assistance Act of 1993, mandates that an improvement council be established in each South Carolina school.
Our School Improvement Council (SIC) is an advisory committee to our school's principal, Dr. Hooker, consisting of elected and appointed parents, teachers and community members. Meeting on the first Tuesday of each month, this council works together to:
- assist in the preparation of the five year plan and annual updates
- assist with the development and monitoring of school improvement and innovation
- develop an annual report to the parents and constituents of the school by November 15 of each year that shall provide information on the school's progress on meeting the school and district goals and objectives
- provide advice on the use of school incentive awards
- provide assistance as the principal may request, as well as carrying out any other duties prescribed by the local school board