Posted: Monday, May 19, 2014
Additional Principal Changes for 2014-15
Leadership of Hillcrest Middle School will be assumed by Kelli Farmer, who is currently serving as principal of Newberry Middle School. She will replace retiring Principal Keith Russell. Ms. Farmer previously served as assistant principal of Newberry Middle, as well as assistant to the director of the Newberry County After-School Program. She has also served as teacher and athletic coach. Ms. Farmer earned a bachelor’s degree from Clemson University and a master’s degree in education from Winthrop University.
Amy Kern has been named principal of Mitchell Road Elementary School, replacing Nerissa Lewis who will move to Bethel Elementary. Ms. Kern currently serves as assistant principal at Mitchell Road. She has also served as assistant principal and teacher at Gateway Elementary. Ms. Kern earned a bachelor’s degree from Clemson University and a master’s degree in education from Furman University.
Summit Drive Elementary Principal Dr. Megan Mitchell-Hoefer will assume principalship of A. J. Whittenberg Elementary, replacing retiring Principal Margaret Thomason. Dr. Mitchell-Hoefer previously served as assistant principal and principal of Hollis Academy and taught at East North Street Academy. Dr. Mitchell-Hoefer earned a bachelor’s degree from Hampton University, a master’s degree from State University of New York at Brockport, and a Ph.D. in education from the University of South Carolina.
Michael Weeks has been named Interim Director of Roper Mountain Science Center. He currently serves as the Center’s education curator. Mr. Weeks previously served as director and farm manager of Quiet Valley Living Historical Farm. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Kent State University. Mr. Weeks replaces Greg Cornwell, who will become Planetarium & Public Program Specialist.
Additional administrative changes were announced earlier this year:
- Mary Leslie Anderson, Principal, League Middle Academy
- Brenda Byrd, Assistant Superintendent for School Leadership, Elementary Level Group 1
- Nerissa Lewis, Principal, Bethel Elementary
- Kate Malone, Principal, Riverside Middle
- Jennifer Meisten, Principal, Beck Middle Academy
- G. Bryan Skipper, Principal, Hillcrest High School
- Dr. Jamie Spinks, Jr., Principal, Mauldin Elementary
- Jason S. Warren, Principal, Greenville Sr. High Academy
- Eric Williams, Principal, Wade Hampton High School