Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Seven GCS Students Earn National Merit College-Sponsored Scholarships
Seven seniors from Greenville County Schools are among the 2,500 winners of National Merit Scholarships financed by U.S. colleges and universities. Officials of each sponsor college selected their scholarship winners from among the finalists in the 2014 National Merit Scholarship Program who plan to attend their institution.
These awards provide between $500 and $2,000 annually for up to four years of undergraduate study at the institution financing the scholarship. An additional group of Scholars will be announced in July, bringing the total number of college-sponsored National Merit Scholarship recipients in the 2014 competition to about 4,500 nationwide.
- Donald J. Baracskay III, J. L. Mann High Academy – Clemson University, Engineering
- Maria E. Bartlett, Wade Hampton High – Furman University, Mathematics
- Robert Michael Bayliss, Wade Hampton High – Furman University, Music
- Agustin Malki, Eastside High – Clemson University, Mechanical Engineering
- David R. Melton, J. L. Mann High Academy – Clemson University, Packaging
- Joshua E. Dunster, Mauldin High – Clemson University, Software Engineering
- Kelsey L. Fuson, Mauldin High – University of Richmond, Social Science