To develop the 2012-2013 District wide Title I Plan in collaboration with parents and interested community stakeholders, District officials will host a public meeting to seek public input about the use of funds for 2012-2013 Title I services, Title I eligibility, and supplemental student services. Interested parties are invited to attend this information meeting:
"Parent and Community Collaboration in 12-13 Title I Plan Development":
9:30 am Registration
10:00 am –12:00 pm
Thursday, April 26, 2012
M.T. Anderson Support Center, 100 Blassingame Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29605
This meeting will review the effectiveness of the 2011-2012 District wide Title I program for the purpose of identifying new or updating programs and services for 2012-2013. Discussion will include Title I issues related to schoolwide programs; academic curriculum, assessment, and achievement; adequate yearly progress and school improvement status; support services; community collaborations; parent involvement activities; the Parent Involvement Policy; the School-Parent Compact; and parental rights guaranteed by Title I law.
These lawful parental rights include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Involvement in the joint development of the plan and the process of school review and improvement;
- District coordination of, technical assistance for and support to schools to develop and implement effective parent involvement activities to improve student achievement and school performance;
- Support for the schools’ and parents’ capacity for strong parental involvement, including right to participate in development of a parent involvement policy and a school-parent compact;
- Coordinated and integrated parental involvement strategies through Title I and other programs;
- Joint involvement for evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the parent involvement policy;
- Parent volunteer activities within the classrooms and involvement in school activities to support students’ achievement and school improvement; and
- Designated process for dispute resolution.