Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011
End-of-Course Examination Program (EOCEP) - January 2012
The South Carolina Board of Education requires students to take an End-of-Course Examination Program (EOCEP) test when they complete one of the “gateway” or “benchmark” courses for high school credit.
The EOCEP tests will be administered January 4 - 12 in Greenville County Schools for students who attend schools that are offering Carnegie Units at the end of the first semester. Identified students who are enrolled in Algebra 1/Mathematics for the Technologies 2, English 1, United States History and the Constitution, and Biology 1/Applied Biology 2 will participate in testing. Each school selects specific test dates starting January 4, 2012.
The EOCEP tests are multiple choice and untimed, but 90 minutes is the estimated test administration time for most students. For more information about testing or your child’s progress, please call your child’s school.
In addition to the EOCEP tests, Final Exams will be administered in all middle and high schools from Tuesday, January 9 through Friday, January 12.
Parents can be a great help to their child by following these suggestions:
- Please see that your child gets rest on the nights before these tests.
- Make every effort to have your child in school and on time, except in cases of illness.
- Please see that your child brings at least two #2 pencils to school. They are required for marking test answer documents.
- Do encourage your child to listen attentively to the teacher’s test directions so he/she will know exactly what to do.
- Do encourage your child to read each test question and each response carefully before marking an answer choice.
- Do encourage your child to stay calm if there are questions that seem difficult.
- Encourage your child to mark his/her best answer.
- Provide positive feedback by praising your child for what he/she does well.
- Students may not bring any electronic device that can be used for communicating, timing, or imagining into the testing location.