RHS School Counseling Department

Like us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter

Meet Our Staff

The RHS School Counseling Department is available to assist students and parents with various concerns. If you need to contact the us, you may do so by calling {864} 355-7804 or by fax at {864} 355-7841. Before calling, please use the links to the right to search for desired information. Thank you for visiting our web site.

Financial Aid Information

If you missed our Financial Aid Program, a copy of MIke Fox's presentation can be found on our Counseling On-Demand page. The link is located to the left.

Senior Parents - here are useful links as you begin completing the FAFSA for your senior!

Bonds Career Center Application Now Open 2018-19

The 2018-2019 application to attend Bonds Career Center is NOW available  via the BACKPACK portal for students who wish to apply for enrollment (click on "Programs" once logged into Backpack). The application window will be open through March 29.  Program acceptance decisions will be available on April 20 in the Backpack system. Greenville County School District students must use their district username and password to access Backpack.   Grades, discipline, and attendance will be reviewed for each applicant. Acceptance is not based on first come, first served.  However, in the event that a course has more applicants than available seats, the date the student completed the application could be taken into consideration.  Homeschool, Private School, and out-of-district students will need to "sign up for an account" and follow the prompts to apply.  In-district students may link a personal email account and/or mobile phone number for text messaging by clicking the "gear" near the top right of the Backpack portal, and then click on the corresponding tabs.  Follow this link, https://gcsbackpack.com/signin.aspx to complete the application.   Backpack application instructions

Sirrine Scholarship is Now Open

Students may apply online for the $2,000 renewable Sirrine Scholarship by visiting their website. Once you are in the website, make sure to create an account by clicking on the link that says: Create a 2018-2019 Account. Students should not use their Greenville Schools e-mail for this account as they need an e-mail that will be active after graduation. The deadline to submit your application is April 15, 2018. 

Visit the Greenville County School's website for new and updated information on the scholarship.

Free ACT and SAT Test Prep for GCS Students

High School students in Greenville County Schools have access to free SAT and ACT Test Prep modules through Naviance, a comprehensive college and career readiness tool that helps districts and schools align student strengths and interests to postsecondary goals.  GCS Students have access to Naviance through Backpack, formerly known as the student portal.

Naviance provides full service test prep including an analysis of each student’s current standing, a pacing guide based on self-identified test dates, and personalized study guides to assist in enhancing test scores. Naviance Test Prep enables students to determine and strategize test readiness, review necessary information for each exam through lessons, flashcards, practice questions and tests, and boost test-taking strategies through the Game Center. 

For more information or step by step instructions on navigating the Test Prep modules, view the  video.

Follow RHS School Counselors on Snapchat!

The RHS School Counselors are now on Snapchat! Following them @rhscounselor      

You may also follow them on other Social Media outlets:

Stay informed with our Text Messages

Students and parents are encouraged to sign up to receive text messages from their grade level counselor!