About Riverside High School
Riverside High School was established in 1973, however the building we are in today was completed in 2006. Our three-story building has been designated as an Energy Efficient Green School. Our large auditorium can seat 660 people, while our cafeteria can seat 600. We have several sports facilities on property including a football stadium that seats 3,500, gymnasium, lighted baseball and softball fields, and tennis courts. We have four administrators, 97 teachers, and 26 support staff employed at our school. 70.8% of our teachers have a Master's Degree.
To instruct, prepare, and inspire students for success in future endeavors.
The mission of Riverside High School is to prepare students to become confident, competent, ethical individuals and responsible citizens by creating a positive and nurturing school environment where staff, students, parents, and the community work together to promote lifelong learning and to provide opportunities for students to reach their maximum potential.
Our Staff Believes:
- Learning is an active, life-long process and the primary priority at our school.
- Every student is important.
- All students can learn.
- All students should be challenged and encouraged to reach their potential in all areas.
- All students should have the opportunity to learn in an environment where they and the staff are physically safe, and their dignity and mutual respect are maintained.
- All students should have equal access to the total school program.
- All students are encouraged to respect and understand the various cultures that comprise the community of learners at Riverside .
- Educational experiences should enable students to learn to communicate effectively, solve problems competently, think critically and creatively, and act responsibly.
- Curriculum and instruction should incorporate a variety of learning activities which accommodate the differences in students’ learning styles.
- Education is a shared responsibility nurtured by home, school, and the community.
Through a plan for the continuous improvement of the school, with directed focus on students through effective teaching and leadership, Riverside seeks:
- To use shared decision making by gathering data and information for determining an effective educational direction for Riverside High School .
- To increase the level of student performance by using various teaching strategies and methods.
- To communicate and integrate the identified student learning standards in all levels of school instruction.
- To encourage core values such as honesty and integrity in our students.
- To continue a shared approach of leadership responsibilities through site-based decision making.
- To involve parents, teachers, students, and businesses in a coordinated effort to support the school’s mission.
Philosophy of Riverside High School
The Riverside community is predominantly suburban with a diversity of inner-city and rural populations. The Riverside High School philosophy encompasses these diversities.
Riverside High School's philosophy of education is a belief that the school must share the responsibility of the individual student's development in all areas of his growth: mental, physical, cultural, civic, ethical, emotional, and social. The school must accept this responsibility in order to prepare the student for the rapidly changing social and economic conditions of the future. In addition to this responsibility, the school must contribute to the intrinsic value of the years that the student actually spends in the school so that those years will be of personal worth to the student.
To fulfill its philosophy of education, Riverside sets the educational pace and pattern best suited to the individual student's capacities by guiding the student to accept and to understand the difference in himself and in others and by offering the student various opportunities designed for his mental capacity.
In spirit and in learning,
Our best in everything we do.
Warriors strong in brotherhood
Loyal red and blue.
Ties that bind us to each other
Fill out hearts with love and pride.
When we go our separate ways
We'll always remember....