A student transferring from another school system in South Carolina or from another state must provide his or her previous school transcript, state-issued birth certificate, South Carolina Immunization Certificate, and proof of residence (at least two documents). An out-of- state student must take his or her immunization record to a doctor, health department, or child's school nurse to receive a South Carolina certificate.

The tuition for nonresident students

New residents may temporarily enroll their children in school for 30 days with a special exemption issued by the school until an immunization certificate can be obtained. Existing immunization records and/or out of state certificates may be evaluated by your child's school nurse who is authorized by the Health Department to issue a SC Certificate if all of the requirements have been met.

If a certificate is not presented to the school at the end of the 30 days, the student will no longer be allowed to attend school.