School Improvement Council
- Oakview Strategic Plan
- GCS Strategic Plan Blueprint 2023
- Annual Report to the Community
- OES Parent Self-Assessment Report Card
What is a School Improvement Council?
A School Improvement Council (SIC) is an advisory committee to a school's principal. Under the 1977 South Carolina Education Finance Act, the 1984 Education Improvement Act, and the Early Childhood Development and Academic Assistance of 1993 (Act 135) SICs have the following responsibilities:
- to assist in the preparation of the five year plan and annual updates required in this section;
- to assist with the development and monitoring of school improvement and innovation;
- develop an annual school report to the reports and constituents of the school by February 1st of each year that shall provide information on the school's progress on meeting the school and district goals and objectives;
- provide assistance as the principal may request, as well as carrying out any other duties prescribe by the school board.
SIC Meeting Dates
Listed on School Calendar -- Typically SIC meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 9:00 a.m.
SIC continues to take an active role in advocacy for children and public schools. Click here to learn more about information presented to Oakview Elementary School's SIC from Craig Stine, Policy Analyst with Public Education Partners. Those wishing to be more involved with state and local policy matters as they relate to public schools are encouraged to go to the Public Education Partners web site at www.pepgc.org.