Kindergarten & 1st Grade Registration
K5 and 1st Grade Registration Now Open for 2024-25
PLEASE REGISTER NOW so schools have the correct number of teachers and all preparations are made to welcome your child!
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1 of the current year must enroll in public or private kindergarten unless the parent or legal guardian signs a waiver (Kindergarten Non-Attendance Form).
Any child who will be six years old on or before September 1 of the current year must enroll in first grade. Students who are currently enrolled in a GCS 4K or 5K program do not need to register.
NOTE : Pursuant to GCS Board Policy JBC, students who have completed private kindergarten or waived kindergarten and who will be 6 on or before September 1 of the school year will be placed in 1st grade. For the school to consider a kindergarten placement for a 6 year old child, the parent must provide information related to the “extenuating circumstances” that may exist.
The following circumstances do not constitute “extenuating circumstances":
- Child has a late birthday
- Child Find services were provided during preschool years
- Needs more time to mature and is not ready for K5
- A boy
- A sibling was retained
- Has trouble separating from the parent
If you have questions regarding enrollment at Oakview, please contact Oakview's attendance Clerk at 864-355-7102. We are happy to answer your questions and look forward to welcoming you to Oakview!
There are two ways to enroll:
1. Online Via Backpack
Parents should set up a Backpack account. Once it’s set up, open the Backpack account, look for “Enroll A Student,” and follow the instructions.
2. In Person at Oakview
If you do not have internet access, the Student Enrollment Form and Home Language Survey form are available at each school. Be sure to bring all of the required documents when you visit the school.
The following documents are required for online or face-to-face registration:
- Photo ID from any state or country
- Two current “proof of residency” documents (all must contain property address). These can be a combination of:
- Current bills – i.e. electric, gas, water, cable
- Current mortgage statement or current signed lease agreement with landlord’s name and phone number
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Signed Certificate of Immunization, Conditional Certificate of Immunization, or Religious Exemption Certificate (Religious Exemption Certificate provided by Health Department)
Transportation forms are required if you plan to use bus service.