Kindergarten & 1st Grade Registration
K5 and 1st Grade Registration for 2023-24
PLEASE REGISTER NOW so schools have correct number of teachers and all preparations are made to welcome your child!
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1 of the current year must enroll in public or private kindergarten unless the parent or legal guardian signs a waiver (Kindergarten Non-Attendance Form). Any child who will be six years old on or before September 1 of the current year must enroll in first grade. Students who are currently enrolled in a GCS 4K or 5K program do not need to register.
There are two ways to enroll:
1. Online Via BackPack
Parents should set up a Backpack account. Once it’s set up, open the Backpack account, look for “Enroll A Student,” and follow the instructions.
2. In Person at Oakview
The following documents are required for online or face-to-face registration:
- Photo ID from any state or country
- Two current “proof of residency” documents (all must contain property address). These can be a combination of:
- Current bills – i.e. electric, gas, water, cable
- Current mortgage statement or current signed lease agreement with landlord’s name and phone number
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Signed Certificate of Immunization, Conditional Certificate of Immunization, or Religious Exemption Certificate (Religious Exemption Certificate provided by Health Department)
Transportation forms are only required if you plan to use bus service.