Volunteering at Oakview
ALL volunteers must receive district approval prior to volunteering at any school or chaperoning any school field trip. Allow up to 2 weeks for approval.
Approvals last for 3 years, then will need to be renewed.
To apply to be a “volunteer” please follow the following steps:
- Go to Greenville County Schools Volunteer webpage: https://www.greenville.k12.sc.us/Parents/main.asp?titleid=volunteers
- Complete the application and submit it.
- It usually takes 1-2 weeks for clearance to be granted.
- Please make sure you check all boxes that pertain to you.
- If you wish to be a “Level 2,” (see examples below) you must check an area that has “volunteer 2” beside it.
Contact Kacey Dawson (firstname.lastname@example.org or (864-355-7113) with any questions or to confirm your current clearance level.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BRING YOUR PHOTO ID WITH YOU EVERY TIME YOU VISIT THE SCHOOL!
Listed below are some examples of Level 1 and 2 Volunteers…
LEVEL 1 VOLUNTEERS
(Must be escorted in unsupervised areas of the building)
- Lunch Bunch
- PTA Committee
- Mystery Reader
- 5th Grade Day
- Classroom Party
- Field Day
- School Store
- Classroom Asst
- Grandparents Day
- Space Day
- Library Helper
- Packet Stuffing
LEVEL 2 VOLUNTEERS
(Escort not required)
- Field Trip Chaperone
- Reading Tutor
- Classroom Coverage
- Baggy Books