New Student ID Badge Policy
This new ID Badge Policy goes into effect on January 3, 2023. Updated items are highlighted below.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure safety and security of Mauldin Middle School students who are on campus each day.
All students are required to wear an ID badge throughout the school day.
- Each student will be provided with one student identification badge and one breakaway, grade level colored lanyard at no charge.
- Every student must wear the ID badge at all times while on school grounds.
- ID badge must be worn around the neck on the breakaway lanyard without additional accessories, other than a house key.
- Lost, stolen, or defaced ID badges must be replaced for $5.00 at student cost. Exact change is required.
- Replacement lanyards can be replaced for $1.00.
- The front and back of the ID must remain visible, plain, and free of markings, etc.
- IDs that are lost, stolen, altered, damaged, broken, worn, or defaced in any way must be replaced immediately. This includes IDs that have been chewed.
- Students who arrive to school without their ID will be sent to purchase a new one for $5.00 or to get a temporary ID sticker.
- Each student will be allowed three temporary stickers per semester. After the student has used the three temporary IDs for the semester, the student will be issued a new ID and lanyard and will be charged a $5.00 fee.
- Not displaying/possessing a school ID will result in disciplinary actions.