About Our School...
Sara Collins Elementary School is an urban school located in Greenville, South Carolina. With its school motto, "Our students are our world," it provides quality education to students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade. Sara Collins is an International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme school. It also houses the district's "satellite" program for physically challenged, visually impaired, and hearing impaired students. The school has a long-standing tradition of excellence and volunteerism. The students, staff, and parents have been recognized for their achievements and accomplishments on local, state, and national levels. Awards, honors, and an information summary may be found in the Sara Collins Profile. More detailed information is available in the annual Sara Collins School Portfolio.
The mission of Sara Collins Elementary School is to educate children to become knowledgeable responsible citizens in a global society by providing a meaningful curriculum that integrates community and technological resources.
At Sara Collins Elementary School we share a common vision for all students.
Our goal as members of this learning community is to ensure that:
- Students will be educated in a safe, nurturing, environment
- Students will be challenged to reach their full, academic potential
- Students, staff, and parents will work together to create a climate of high expectations in both academic and social areas
- Students will be recognized for their unique abilities and learning styles
- Students will use technology to compete in a global society
- Students will maximize academic success by the use of good study and organizational skills
- Students will communicate in a foreign language
- Students will participate in extra curricular enrichment activities