News & Notes
NewTech@Mann Tour Date Rescheduled
The final open-classroom tour for NewTech@Mann that was going to be held on April 4th is going to be rescheduled due to a conflict with testing. The new date will be Monday April 3rd at 9am. Please come to the front office to check-in.
GCSD AP Review Day
GCSD AP Review Day will be held on Saturday, April 15 from 9:00 am – 1:10 pm at Greenville High School. Click HERE to sign up! Students MUST be registered before the end of the day on April 1, 2023 in order to attend the sessions.
JL Mann Athletic Booster Club Annual Adult Spring Fundraiser
Please join us at our Annual Spring Booster Club Party on Saturday, April 15th! Click to learn more and take advantage of early bird pricing.
Job Shadowing/WIN testing day
Tuesday, April 4th will be a Job Shadowing/WIN testing day at J. L. Mann High School.
Who has to take the WIN test? The WIN tests students on career-ready skills. It replaces the WorkKeys test given last year.
- All juniors are required to take the WIN test on April 4th and must attend school that day.
- Any seniors who have not taken or did not previously pass the WorkKeys test are required to take the WIN test on April 4th and must attend school that day.
- Students who are required to test will receive a notice from Mr. Buzzell with more information.
Who can Job Shadow? All students not taking the WIN test may learn about careers through hands-on experience on April 4th through Job Shadowing.
- Students should identify a workplace that will allow students to spend the day on site learning about their business.
- Job shadowing must be requested ahead of time by completing and submitting a permission form by March 31.
- Job shadowing forms can be downloaded here. Paper copies of the form are available in the Counseling office.
- Completed forms must be turned in to your 1st period teacher by March 31. Pages 1 and 2 of the form must be completed before being submitted to your 1st period teacher.
- After the job shadowing is done, pages 3 and 4 of the form must be completed and submitted to your 1st period teacher by April 7.
If you have questions please contact your counselor or your administrator.
AP Capstone Diploma Applications
The AP Capstone Diploma Program is now taking applications for the 2023 - 2024 school year. If you are interested in being a part of this prestigious program, complete this application and turn in to the front office or to Mrs. Eudy. For more information see the student flyer. Applications are due by March 16, 2023.
Student Calendars Released 2023-24 and 2024-25
Students will start the new school year on Tuesday, August 8, 2023. The last day of school will be Wednesday, May 22, 2024.
The calendars reflect a shift to allow the fall academic semester to end prior to Winter Break. This adjustment will be academically beneficial to students, and the feedback received regarding this shift was extremely positive, with 74% of respondents in favor, as detailed below. Midterms, finals and state testing will be completed before students leave for winter break, rather than in January when they return to school after an extended break.