Enrolling Your Student
Parents can have the flexibility and save time by enrolling students in GCS ONLINE through GCS Parent Backpack. Please follow this link https://parents.gcsbackpack.com/signin.
All support documents can be downloaded through this process! You also have the option of sending these documents via email email@example.com or fax to 864-355-7077.
If registering your student IN PERSON, please note the following:
- A parent or legal guardian must be present
- Two proofs of address must be provided (Current Lease, mortgage, utility bills)
- Verify that your student is zoned for Northwood Middle School
- Birth Certificate
- SC DHEC Immunization Form
- Completed Student Enrollment Form (available on line or from Northwood Middle)
- A Parent/Guardian Government issued picture ID
- If applicable, an IEP or 504 Plan
- If applicable, Court ordered guardianship and or custody document
Required documents and forms may also be found by visiting the GCS Forms page: https://www.greenville.k12.sc.us/Parents/main.asp?titleid=forms.
To expedite the enrollment process, please have all documents and paperwork completed prior to coming to Northwood Middle School. Be sure to have your student’s withdrawal paperwork with you when you register.
Enrollment documents will be accepted Monday-Friday from 9am-230pm. Please contact Mitzi Bessent, Registrar, at 864-355-7013, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or questions you may have.
Withdrawing Your Student
Please inform Northwood Middle School of the impending withdrawal 48 hours prior to the student’s last day. All GCS property and fees, including issued Chromebook and charger, must be returned or paid for prior to the withdrawal packet being released.
Also note, only parent/guardian who registered the student will be allowed to withdraw.