Please contact our Attendance Clerk, Cindy Chemell, at 864-355-7001 or email@example.com with questions.
- Please submit a note to the Attendance Clerk anytime your child is tardy, absent, or will have an early dismissal.
- A parent must submit a parent or medical note for ANY absence or the absence will remain unexcused.
- Students are permitted ten (10) parent notes per school year as "excused" absences.
Attendance notes may be:
Special announcement regarding COVID-19: Parent - Student Symptom Check
Students with symptoms of COVID-19, or that have been directly exposed, should not attend school. Please contact the Northwood School Nurse 864-355-7007 or Attendance Clerk, Cindy Chemell, at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the school. For more information from Greenville County Schools regarding COVID-19, please click here.
Attendance Rules for Greenville County Schools
Here are a few reminders to help you and your student have a successful year at Northwood:
- Students are not permitted on campus prior to 7:30am.
- Our first bell rings at 8:15 a.m.
- Students must be in their chair when educational instruction begins at 8:25 a.m., or they will be marked as tardy.
- There are no early dismissals after 2:30 p.m., without prior written notice to the Front Office.
- You will be required to present a government issued ID to dismiss your student.
- School is dismissed at 3:15 p.m.
- Students must be off campus by 4:00 p.m., unless they are involved in a school-sponsored activity.
- Help your student succeed by taking a moment to review this helpful graphic which includes attendance tips, facts, and laws!