Title I Information
Title I is a federal program designed to assist schools with large numbers of students on free and reduced lunch. Title I programs place emphasis on building relationships between school and families, and on improving student achievement. At Chandler Creek Elementary, Title I funding for 2016-2017 has helped in the following areas:
- Additional classroom teachers to provide smaller student-teacher ratios in regular education classrooms, reading intervention teacher, computer lab teacher and an additional instructional coach.
- Bilingual assistance for parents and students with a Title I parent involvement coordinator.
- An on-site Title I social worker and a Title I nurse
- Additional instructional resources like technology, classroom books, math materials, visual aids, and state testing preparation materials.
- Additional opportunities for parent involvement, including better communication, and organized parent trainings and seminars offered by school faculty, community experts, and local agencies.
- Additional professional development for teachers related to South Carolina Career and College Ready Standards, Mathematics instruction, and Balanced Literacy.
Since July, 2012, schools in South Carolina operate under a statute known as the ESEA waiver rather than the previous No Child Left Behind law and AYP measures.
- The ESEA waiver changes the method by which teachers and schools are evaluated.
- More information regarding the ESEA waiver and other accountability measures may be obtained from the SC Department of Education at the following website: www.ed.sc.gov
Parents’ Right to Know
Parents of all Title I schools, including Chandler Creek, have specific rights pertaining to their knowledge of and involvement in their child’s education.
- Parents will be informed of the qualifications of their child’s teachers
- Parents will be offered opportunities to have input into the Title I plan and other school decisions
- Parents will be informed of the school’s performance on federal and state accountability measures.
2017-2018 Title I Plan
Click here to see the Title I Plan for the 2017-2018 school year.
We hope that you will join us for our many Title 1 trainings throughout the school year. Look for information in your child’s classroom newsletter, on our website, our school marquee, school messenger, and special event invitations arriving home on aqua colored paper.
We have many opportunities for you to become involved in our school community and we look forward to working closely with you this school year!
School Parent Title I Compact English
School Parent Title I Compact Spanish
Parent Involvement Policy English
Parent Involvement Policy Spanish
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns!
Natalie Bostic, M.Ed., Title One Facilitator 355-2465
Please leave us suggestions or comments by using our SUGGESTION BOX located in our front office. We check the box on Fridays and will respond if you leave your contact information.