School Improvement Council
About School Improvement Council:
- Work with the school to develop and implement a five-year school improvement plan (school renewal plan).
- Monitor and evaluate success in reaching the plan's goals and objectives.
- Write a “Report to the Community” annual report to parents about the progress of the plan.
- Serve as liaison between the school, school organization, the community, and the local school board
- Assist Chandler Creek Elementary School’s principal, Mrs. Mills, in writing the narrative for the School Report Card.
- Advise on the use of school incentive awards and provide assistance as requested by the principal.
- Serves as an Advisory Committee to Mrs. Mills and the rest of the faculty.
According to Draft By-Laws, all council meetings are open to the public and anyone showing an interest in the council and its activities are encouraged to attend. Persons interested in presenting at a council meeting may request to be put on the agenda no later than seven days before the meeting date. Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of every month and begin at 12:00 p.m.
2018-2019 SIC Officers:
- Leigh Ryan, Co-Chairman, Riley Award Chair
- Mandi White, Co-Chairman
- Marne Dumas, Secretary
SIC Meeting Dates:
Click on Meeting Dates to read Minutes