News and Announcements
Frosty Comes to Chandler Creek
Frosty the Snowman will take over Chandler Creek Elementary for an exciting day of fun on Friday, December 16. Throughout the day, students and staff will take part in a variety of activities centered on the story, Frosty the Snowman.
For this special day, students may wear pajamas to school. Pajamas should meet the school dress code, and regular shoes are required, for safety.
The day of activities will conclude with each class taking a trip through school to receive treats and a special showing of the movie Frosty the Snowman.
To help our Frosty day, we are asking for donations of the following items:
Please send donations to your child’s classroom teacher by Thursday, Dec. 15. Thank You!
Help the Chandler Creek Drama Club raise funds for their upcoming performance by wearing your pajamas to school!
Friday, December 7 will be pajama day at Chandler Creek. Students may pay $1.00 to wear pajamas to school.
Pajamas should follow the school dress code. Regualar shoes must be worn.
Change in School Assignment Lottery
Change in Assignment Lottery Process
Step 1: Returning Students Declare Intent - By Wednesday, November 30, 2016, parents with a student(s) currently attending a school on Change in Assignment Choice must declare their intent for their child to return to their choice school for the following school year. Parents are sent a renewal form by their child’s school.
Step 2: Choice Lottery Window - From December 5-16, 2016, parents/guardians complete a choice form for up to three schools for their child and submit it at their number one choice school. Parents receive a form number to later check the lottery results. Order of receipt of form during lottery window does not impact selection. (Note: Parents of 5K students for 2017-18 should submit choice requests during the Choice Lottery Window, and not wait until kindergarten registration in January.)
Step 3: Lottery Results Posted - No later than Wednesday, February 15, 2017, lottery results by grade for each school will be posted on the GCS website. Results provide the order of lottery selection by grade for each school. Names are not listed. Parents access results by using their choice form number. Space by grade level will later determine the choice assignments. Students selecting a school as a higher choice have priority over students selecting the school as a lower choice.
Order of Lottery Assignments (Based on space availability)
- Students with siblings who will return to the requested school on Change in Assignment Choice for the upcoming school year have first priority of assignment to their #1 choice school.
- Students from overcrowded schools may be given the next priority. Decisions made yearly.
- All other students residing within the school system and children of full-time district employees have the next priority.
- Students residing outside the school system are the last group to be considered.
Step 4: Student Assignment Letters - No later than Friday, March 31, 2017, student choice assignments will be determined. Student assignment letters are sent to parents. For students currently being served in a Greenville County school, the letter will be sent home with the students. Others will be mailed. The school assignment on the letter will reflect whether the choice request was granted at this time. Once a student is assigned to a requested choice school, lower school choice requests are automatically withdrawn from the lottery system.
Step 5: Waiting Lists Established - Students who are not assigned to a requested choice school will be placed on a waiting list for each requested school. If space becomes available at the requested school(s), students on the waiting list are assigned based on their established ranking from the waiting list. This process will continue through the first ten days of the 2017-18 school year.
Change in Assignment Choice
- Parents must provide transportation to/from school attending through Change in Assignment Choice.
- Attendance at a school other than home-based may render a student ineligible for athletic participation for one calendar year as determined by the SC High School League.
- Change in Assignment Choice requests for students qualifying for services under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act or for accommodations under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act will be considered on an equal basis if the requested school provides an appropriate education in accordance with the student’s Individualized Education Program or Accommodation Plan, is appropriately accessible, and has space in the program the student requires.
- All Change in Assignment Choice requests are filled from lottery results if space is available; otherwise students are placed on waiting list.
If questions, contact: Student Assignment Office at 355-7266 or 355-7263 or email Planning@greenville.k12.sc.us.
New Volunteer Policy
The safety of our students is our top priority. To further safety measures for all students, Greenville County Schools has released a new Volunteer Policy.
All visitors to Chandler Creek should bring their picture ID. The front office staff will assist in scanning each visitors' picture ID through the electronic sign-in system and providing visitors with a visitors tag. Please Note: Visitors must have their ID scanned through the electronic system EACH time that he/she visits the school. This is a change from previous years.
Anyone wishing to volunteer at Chandler Creek, must have an application and background clearance on record at the school before attending an event or working in the classroom.
Level I Volunteers:
Level I volunteers may assist with making copies, assisting teachers, working in the classroom, or volunteering for school events such as PTA events. Anyone wishing to become a Volunteer should complete the Volunteer Application Form. The form can be found at the School Visitor and Volunteer Guidelines website. A printed copy of the form should be brought to the school, along with a picture ID.
Level II Volunteers:
Volunteers who wish to mentor students or chaperone for fieldtrips is considered a Level II volunteer. Level II volunteers should complete the Volunteer Application Form as well as the Volunteer Screening Form. Both forms can be found at the School Visitor and Volunteer Guidelines website. A printed copy of the Volunteer Application Form should be brought to the school, along with a picture ID. The applicant will be notified within 24 hours of any problems after a background check has been completed.