Bryson Middle School Parents Page
Mastery Connect/TE21- Click HERE to learn more about the district-wide assessment system we are using at Bryson Middle.
Attention parents of rising 6th graders: click HERE to download a copy of "Moving to the Middle," a newsletter prepared by our 6th grade counselor Mrs. Lamber, full of information for rising 6th Grders and their parents.
Resources available for summer months
While the summer provides wonderful time for relaxation, the extra time can also unfortunately promote the summer slide for some students. Here are some resources to share with students and families as they head out for the summer:
The SC Family-Friendly Standards are updated and available for Grades K-12 for English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. The guides provide information about what students should be learning at each grade level, along with books and resources to enhance the learning at school. The guides are also available in Spanish.
New this year, Help with Math SC is an online resource to help families and others find assistance and materials based on the SC College and Career-Ready Standards in Mathematics. The materials, developed by math educators from SC, are available for K-7th grade.
Role of Parents from the BMS Handbook
Child’s First Educator and Education Partner
Parents share responsibility for their children’s education. Involved parents are those who:
- Encourage readiness, self-discipline, and preparation in their children.
- Supervise homework assignments as needed.
- Partner with teachers as advocates for their children’s growth and learning.
- Learn about school programs, curriculum, regulations/procedures, and actively support them.
- Show commitment to education; attend conferences, open houses, PTA meetings, and other school programs whenever possible.
- Understand and work for the passage of school funding initiatives.
- Remain current on issues and trends in education to promote discussion, respect, and teamwork.