This information is also covered in Dr. Davenport's Daily Announcements on April 8, 2020. The link to view this is located here: Dr. Davenport's Daily Announcement 4.8.20
Downloadable Materials for eLearning (eLearning 1.0 & 2.0 only)
eLearning 1.0 Packets: March 18-April 2
eLearning 2.0 Packets: April 3-9 & 20-24
eLearning 3.0 Packets
Need help understanding Google Classroom? Greenville County Schools has put together this resource to help parents/caregivers understand and assist their students navigate Google Classroom, the platform used for eLearning. View/download a copy of The Parents' Guide to Google Classroom.
Did you Know?
- Chromebook Repairs - Students should deliver broken Chromebooks to the nearest Career Center between 7:30-5:30 Monday -Thursday, where devices will be swapped out by ETS staff. Parents who need assistance locating their nearest Career Center should call the HELPDESK (355-4357) for technical assistance.
- Download Assignments & Work Offline (without Internet) - All district schools have Wi-Fi access in the parking lot near the building all day between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. There is no need to go to a specific school – just go to the GCS building that is most convenient to you. Students needing Internet can also connect between 10 a.m. – noon at any of the meal delivery sites listed on our website at www.greenville.k12.sc.us. Though Internet access is needed to download or turn in electronic assignments, once those are downloaded, students can work on the material offline. All students grade 3 through 12 should participate in eLearning IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.
- Directions for Getting Materials While Connected to WiFi (Remember, While away from WiFi, DO NOT CLOSE ANY TABS UNTIL YOU ARE FINISHED AND RECONNECTED TO THE INTERNET and progress has been saved. You could lose all of your work otherwise)
1. Connect to the internet (GCS).
2. Go to each teacher’s Google classroom
3. Open each individual teacher’s virtual eLearning document.
4. Make sure all documents are completely loaded and open.
5. You must have each assignment open in an individual tab before you leave the WiFi range.
6. Once you leave, you will be able to view, type, & edit documents that you previously opened. You will not be able to open any links once you leave WiFi range.
- Free Internet - Charter Spectrum is providing free broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 students and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. Call 1-844-488-8395 to enroll; installation fees will be waived for new student households. The program applies only in existing Charter service areas. Households should be clear on the terms of service before entering into an agreement with the provider (Spectrum) to be aware of the point at which charges will be assessed. At this time, Spectrum is stating that regular rates will apply after the initial 60 days. This program is in addition to an existing low-cost Internet program offered by Spectrum. See this list of free Spectrum Wi-Fi hotspots with locations.
- Free Meals for Students - Greenville County Schools is providing two meals at one time (lunch and next day’s breakfast) at various school locations and other designated locations in the community. GCS is also using buses to deliver meals to various locations. Meals will be handed out from 10 a.m. – noon, and will give everyone 18 years of age and younger (and special needs adults up to age 21) a free lunch plus breakfast for the next day. Per USDA regulations, children must be present to receive the meals. GCS Meals Distribution for Students
The following calendar has been created to assist students with eLearning. The first 10 days, beginning on March 18, encompasses eLearning 1.0 lessons. Now that statewide school closure has been extended to April 30th, eLearning 2.0/3.0 lessons will be posted to students via Google Classroom.
eLearning 1.0: March 18 - April 2
eLearning 2.0: April 3 - 9 & April 20 - 24
eLearning 3.0: April 27 - May 8