The following link can be accessed to support parents and students through eLearning:
eLearning Guide for Parents & Students
Troubleshooting Student Chromebooks - "Do These 3 Before You Come to Me"
Grading will follow the normal weights and percentages used when students are in school. Students should access lessons and assignments through Google Classroom using their student email@example.com account. Teachers, counselors, and administrators will be monitoring student engagement and will make contact with any student who has not been online or in touch with their teacher.
By 8:30 AM:
As you are working:
Download Assignments & Work Offline (without Internet) - All district schools have Wi-Fi access in the parking lot near the building all day between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. There is no need to go to a specific school – just go to the GCS building that is most convenient to you. Students needing Internet can also connect between 10 a.m. – noon at any of the meal delivery sites listed on our website at www.greenville.k12.sc.us. Though Internet access is needed to download or turn in electronic assignments, once those are downloaded, students can work on the material offline. All students grade 3 through 12 should participate in eLearning IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.
Directions for Getting Materials While Connected to WiFi - (Remember, While away from WiFi, DO NOT CLOSE ANY TABS UNTIL YOU ARE FINISHED AND RECONNECTED TO THE INTERNET and progress has been saved. You could lose all of your work otherwise)
1. Connect to the internet (GCS).
2. Go to each teacher’s Google classroom
3. Open each individual teacher’s virtual eLearning document.
4. Make sure all documents are completely loaded and open.
5. You must have each assignment open in an individual tab before you leave the WiFi range.
6. Once you leave, you will be able to view, type, & edit documents that you previously opened. You will not be able to open any links once you leave WiFi range.