Blue Ridge Middle
2423 E. Tyger Bridge Rd.
Greer , SC 29651
Telephone: (864) 355-1900
Fax: (864) 355-1966
Grades: 6th - 8th Grades
School Location: Tyger Bridge Road in Northern Greenville County, foot of Glassy Mountain, near North Greenville University
Principal: Karen Bullard
Awards and Honors
- Blue Ridge Middle School was recognized as a National School to Watch!
- Assistant Principal Sandy Taylor was a finalist for the South Carolina Association of School Administrators Middle Level Assistant Principal of the Year.
- Multiple awards received at the Middle School District Art Show
- Multiple awards received At the South Carolina Junior Beta Club Convention
- Orchestra students earned 18 Superior ratings and 6 Excellent ratings.
- Nine chorus students auditioned and were selected to participate in All-County Spring Sing.
- The band received the Outstanding Performance Award
- Band students earned 46 Superior ratings and 4 Excellent ratings at the Solo and Ensemble Festival.
- Ten student athletes were recognized individually as All Region players.
- A softball player was named the Greenville County Player of the Year.
- BRMS baseball team earned the title of Greenville County Champions.
- A robotics team received the Excellence Award
- Three robotics teams received invitations to the VEX Worlds Competition in Dallas, Texas.
- 18 students were identified as PSAT Junior Scholars
For a closer look...
For more in-depth information on this school including programs, course offerings, extracurricular activities, and more - visit www.greenville.k12.sc.us/bridgems/
If you would like information about the School Report Card rating, visit the State Department of Education Website, screportcards.com.
For more information, call INFOLine at 864-355-3100, visit our website at www.greenville.k12.sc.us.
School Built 1953 – Total Renovation 2001 • 1 Story Building with No Portables • Auditorium with Stage • Cafeteria • Media Center • GTT Labs (2) • All Indoors • Athletic Fields (3) 9 Science labs • Community Fitness Center • All Indoors • 2 Tennis Courts 2 Paved Basketball Courts • Baseball Field • Softball Field • Football/Soccer Field • Track (Paved)
- Administrators: 3
- Teachers/Professional Staff: 63
- Support Staff: 28
- Duke Talent Identification Program
- National Junior Beta Club
- Student Council
- School Improvement Council
- Active PTSA
- Job Shadowing/Career Speakers
- Gifted and Talented Classes for ELA and Math
- Full Continuum of Special Education Services
- English Language Learner Support
- Academic Skill Building and Intervention Classes
- 1-1 ChromeBooks for all students
- Multiple Book Fairs
- Band, Strings, Music, and Chorus Programs
- Media, Visual Art, and Design
- Drug Abuse/Awareness Programs
- Gateway to Technology Classes (Multiple programs offered)
- Vex Robotics Teams with EDR and IQ
- After School Programs including: Extended Day, Science, Math Counts, Drama, and Girls on the Run
- Community Veterans Day Program
- High School Credit classes: Honors English I, and Art I
- Virtual Classes: PE 1, Personal Finance, Computer Science Discovery, Fundamentals of Computing, Graphic Design and Sports Marketing and Entertainment (High School Credit - Carnegie Unit)
- Blue Ridge Players Drama Enrichment Program
- Science Club Science Enrichment Program
- Tiger Time Clubs