Important Documents & Links
- Submit Online Absence Excuse
- Visitor and Volunteer Guidelines
- Volunteer Handbook 2018
- Online Parent Contact form
- Volunteer Off-site Log Hours
- 7th Grade Beta Club Application 2018
- 8th Grade Beta Club Application 2018
- Beta Club Service Log 2018-19
- Supply Lists 2018
- Dress Code 2018-19
- Student Handbook 2018-19
- Student One to One Device Handbook
- State Report Card Summary
- Athletics Forms page
- Student Athletic Transportation form 2018-19
- Introduction of PlanetHS
- field trip permission form
- Course Catalogs
- 2018-19 Bell Schedule
Parent Teacher Conferences
- Related Arts teachers will be available in their classrooms for brief drop-in conversations.
- 7th Grade Team with King, Dilleshaw, McKinney & D. Byrd (Rm 503)
- 7th Grade Team with Morris, Brown, Furtick & W. Byrd (Rm 501)
- 6th Grade Team with Johns, Smith, Bolin & Fite (Rm 403)
- 6th Grade Team with Childers, Jones, Moore, & Nielsen (Rm 603)
- 8th Gr. Team with Harbin, Mauro, Waddell &Terry (Rm 504)
- 8th Gr. Team with Burdick, Karalash, Reeves & Pope (Rm 506)
- 6th Gr. & 8th Gr. Split Team with Haigler & Kennedy (Rm 703) and Roland & Davis (Rm 701)
Red Ribbon Week
Tuesday: “Keep Your Life’s Journey Bright, Travel Drug Free ” --wear bright neon colors.
Wednesday: “You Can Travel Far, If You Have Good Character” -- Dress as a literary character or grade level word/concept. Rules Apply.
Thursday: “It Doesn’t Take A “Jeanius” To Travel Drug Free” --wear jeans. If students wear jeans they can have “no collar” day.
Friday: “Team Up In Your Life’s Journey, Travel Drug Free” -- wear their favorite sports team paraphernalia. Must follow the dress code.
Costume Rules and Guidelines
Students must dress as a literary character or grade level word or concept, something related to academic subject
NO ghoulish or witches/monster, violence-focused costumes
MUST NOT be distracting or disruptive.
A label naming your character or word must be displayed on the costume.
NO masks, excessive makeup, or look-alike weapons are allowed.
Collar is not required — modesty IS required.
If in doubt about the appropriateness of any attire, DON’T wear it.
Red Ribbon Week Volunteers Needed
8th Gr. IGP Meetings
The Sign-Up Genius scheduling window was October 1st through October 14th. If you did not schedule a meeting through the Sign-Up Genius by October 14th, a letter will be mailed to you by our office with an assigned time for your meeting. Please call Melinda Howard, our School Counseling Office Clerk, if you have any questions regarding scheduling. Mrs. Howard’s number is 355-8204.
Veterans Day Ceremony
Wall of Honor Submissions
Sevier proudly displays a Wall of Honor that names people who have been identified by Sevier Middle School students, faculty, and friends as individuals who have served in any branch of the military at any time. The information has been accumulated since the first Return to Camp Sevier event, observed on November 11, 1996. Each year, as new students and faculty arrive at Sevier, the list grows longer. Please print out the attached Wall of Honor Submission Form to have your loved one's name placed on our Wall of Honor. We will include the name(s) you supply on the updated list. Please understand that we can only list what we can read, so it is very important that all information you provide is spelled correctly and legibly.
Volunteers and Items Needed
PTA is hosting a luncheon after the ceremony for our Veterans and are in need of volunteers willing to donate food items or their time to make this event possible. S signup will be available soon.
ACE Awards Nominations
High School Open House Events
- Southside High School International Baccalaureate Magnet Open House is October 18, 2018 from 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM in the Auditorium. Meet the IB Students and IB Staff. Questions? Call 864-355-8714.
- Greenville Senior High Academy of Law, Finance and Business Open House is October 29, at 6:00pm at 1 Vardry Street, Greenville 29601.
- Wade Hampton High School: Insight Night – November 1st – 6:00-7:00 pm. Informational session for students and parents considering attending WHHS for the 2019-2020 school year. Topics include : Academic expectations and offerings, the Fine Arts Center, and the special permission process.
Free & Reduced Lunch Application
All students receive free breakfast. Student lunch meals cost $2.50, reduced price is $0.40. All are encouraged to complete a free/reduced lunch application. Paper applications will be provided at school, however for quicker processing, complete the online application at http://greenville.schoollunchapp.com. CLICK HERE for free/reduced lunch webpage for more information. Please turn in your application as soon as possible. The free/reduced lunch grace period for last year's participants ends October 1st.
WHHS Boys JV Lacrosse
WHHS JV Boys Lacrosse off season conditioning is on-going on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6:00 - 7:30pm at the WHHS practice fields (located off campus). Interested 7th and 8th graders who are zoned for WHHS are encouraged to attend. Before participating, students must be signed up and have all athletic participation forms completed on PLanetHS.com. The first Parent & Athlete Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 6pm in the PE classroom. All players need to be signed up for the text blast system (text 81010, type @WHHSL) Please call Coach Whiteman at 864.316.9482 (after 5 pm) with any questions.
8th Grade Washington Trip
8th graders and parents are invited to attend the grade level trip to Washington D.C. and Williamsburg, VA. This trip is scheduled for March 6-9 2019. The Washington Trip Informational Flyer is attached and contains trip details and payment scheduling. The first deposit is due September 21, 2018. Parents of 8th Graders are asked to attend one of the the 8th Grade Washington Trip Parent Meetings scheduled for Tuesday, August 28, at 4:00pm and 7:00pm.
Please help our school by supporting Sevier PTA. Sign up to volunteer and learn more about our chair positions and receive volunteer updates through SignUp.com. Purchase PTA memberships and Sevier Shirts/Gear. Participate in our Fuss Free Fundraiser - a $20 donation per household. Parents who own a business are asked to consider becoming a Business Sponsor or to spread the word of our sponsorship program to family or friends who own businesses. Don't forget to signup to receive our PTA text reminds by texting @sevier-pta to 81010.
- PTA Membership Form
- Spirit Gear Selection 2018-19
- Spirit Gear Order Form 2018-19
- Fuss Free Fundraiser form 2018-19
- PTA Corporate Sponsor Donation form 2018-19
Parent Contact Information
Parents, please take time to complete the attached online Parent Contact form. Please check "Yes" to the PTA contact information option to receive information regarding volunteer opportunities and PTA updates.
One to One Device Procedure
- Students whose devices need repair must have a parent complete the attached Device Repair Form. Students will then turn in their form and device to the Media Center.
- Students who are having trouble accessing the internet with their school device when using their home WiFi should review the attached authentication process document for troubleshooting.
Order your Yearbook
Order you yearbook now! Prices increase as the school year progresses! View the attached yearbook order form or order online from Jostons! Basic yearbooks are $35. Early Bird Special through September 7th: add personalization for $6 and select up to 4 free icons as an early bird special!
GCS Clear Bag & Search Policy
Beginning with the opening of the 2018-19 athletic season, Greenville County Schools is instituting a clear bag policy for all athletic venues. This means spectators prohibited from entering athletic venues with camera cases, briefcases, backpacks, cinch bags, large purses, and similar items. Approved bags include clear, gallon-sized zip storage bags, clear totes (12”x 6”x 12”) and small purses. Folding chairs and blankets will be allowed, but are subject to search. For more information, visit the GCS Clear Bag announcement link.