Week of January 23rd
Good afternoon Wildcats!
Good afternoon Wildcats! I hope everyone had a great weekend.
Upcoming Dates and Special Events
· Monday Jan 23 ELA BENCHMARK ALL GRADES
· Tuesday Jan 24 MATH BENCHMARK ALL GRADES
Basketball -v- Fisher at Home 5:30 pm
· Wednesday Jan 25 SCIENCE BENCHMARK 6th GRADE ONLY
· Friday Jan 26 Kona Ice at Lunches (cash only please)
Spring Play Auditions Cafeteria 3:30 pm
HMS 2nd Annual Wildcat Wellness Night:
Bring your family and join us Thursday, February 9th for our 2nd Annual HMS Community Wildcat Wellness Night! We will focus on how to support your mind, heart, body, and soul!!!
YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON...A fun night full of student leadership, community and family engagement, learning new things, yummy food, and door prizes!
5:00-6:00 pm- Open Flexible Arrival Time- Bring your family out for dinner and enjoy eating at one of our 5 food trucks, then meet with over 25 local community wellness booths. In addition, from 4-7 the Blood Mobile will be here for those who would like to donate.
6:00-7:00 pm Breakout Sessions for the whole family to learn/take away practical skills/strategies for all! Select up to two from the list below to attend. (6:00-6:25 & 6:30-7:00)
- First Aid/CPR Introduction
- Teens in Crisis: Stopping the Rise of Drug Use Among Teens
- Balancing Our Emotions with Movement and Music
- POUND Fitness Session- Cardio Jam Session with Drum Sticks
- Social Awareness in a Digital World
- Take Care of You (Self-Care and Wellness)
- Family Yoga Session
- Practical Strategies to Relieve Stress
- Art Therapy
If you plan to or may be able to attend please fill out the following HMS WILDACAT WELLNESS NIGHT Sign-up Genius Link. This will give our Wildcat Wellness Team, student ambassadors, and Wellness booths/presenters a more accurate idea of how many will be attending and ensure we have the appropriate space for all attending.
In addition, ALL ARE WELCOME, feel free to pass this along to other friends, family, or community members who may be interested in attending.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THIS AWESOME EVENT!
Please contact Ms. Meloon or your child’s homeroom teacher if you would like to receive extra academic assistance before or after school.